Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say ECU

Comment

yea i think i am gunna take it to a garage... it just sucks cuz its my only car and im trying to save for another one. But today i took my plugs out and there burned like white.. and some are chiped.. what can cause that?

Comment

Let us know what the mechanic finds.

Look up "reading spark plugs". Here are the two first hits from Google. Many will be better.

In depth article on how to read spark plugs - learn about how to read air / fuel mixture, timing and other tell-tale signs for optimum performance.
        Last edited by themess; 02-26-2009, 07:18 AM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

its your starter, since it runs fine when you get it to turn on....... what you could do for the moment is push start it
          323 log-http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44611

Comment

it cant be my starter, it turns the engine fast.. and it wouldnt be good to push start it since my streets really packed with cars unless i do it early in the morning but then if it dont start when i do it il cause alot of traffic lol, but today it was about 50 up here in the morning and it fired right up no probs at all and it runs great, just not in the cold.. ughh

Comment

You may need to change your Coolant Temperature Sensor. When you first start your engine, the computer uses the coolant temp sensor's reading to determine what fuel mixture to use. If the sensor is giving bogus info, it will be too rich or too lean, which can cause it to idle poorly, stall, or not start at all. You can measure it with an ohm meter. At 68 degrees, it should measure between 2.2 K ohms and 2.9 k ohms. At 176 degrees, it should measure between 290 ohms and 400 ohms. I don't know what it would be at 37, but probably around 1k ohm or so. It's usually a pretty inexpensive part - probably in the $15 - $20 range, and really easy to change - it would be worth a try before you spend the $$$ at a shop. I have had that fix the exact same problem on several different vehicles over a number of years.

Comment

^This is worth checking out for sure.Its located just to the rear of the distributor.