Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting handbrake on 02 Protege ES?

Hello everybody.
    I apologize if this answer has been posted somewhere on this forum. I searched for 02 protege but didn't find any info on this.

I recently changed the rear disks rotors and pads. It works very good. The only thing is that my e-brake does not work now. It feels very loose and does not brake at all. How should I adjust the e-brake.

Thanks.

is the cable broke? if not here are some steps to adjust.

1.on models with rear disk, depress brake pedal several times.

2. Pull parking brake lever with a force of 22lbs. (how your pulling at 22lbs and knowing it your guess is as good as mine) Stroke should be 5-7 notches. If out of range raise and support rear of car. Release parking brake lever.

3. Turn the adjusting nut at the front of the parking brake cable, on the side of the parking brake lever. After adjustment, turn ignition on, and pull lever one notch, and verify brake light comes on, then release and ensure rear brakes do not drag.

hope this was helpful....
    Honda

Comment

hey man i had a similar problem. what you want to do is be on a flat surface so the car doesn't roll anywhere. adjust the ebrake back down all the way loose, and leave it down.

now go to the back of the car and look at the calip from under the car but from the center of the car out. you should see a bolt that looks like it just goes into the calip for nothing. take it out inside there, there is a set screw. allen head not sure what size. stick the allen key in there and turn that sucker righty tighty all the way down. do this for both sides. once it is all the way down trun it back (lefty loosy) a quater (1/4) of a turn. then put the bolt back in. now go to your ebrake and adjust it to the tension you want.

And now you have udjusted your rear brakes. hope this helps

Comment

Working...
      X