This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
    Woot, tomorrow I should finish polishing the paint. I'll try to get some sunshine pics in if I get done before sundown.

Tomorrow I"ll also paint the door frames black and she'll be coming home on thursday for reassembly.

The garage now has the space, and I'm excited once more.
    Good, because I talked to God today, and He's pretty upset by the lack of recent photos in this thread. He said reprisals might be forthcoming...

Regards,
    Joel
    1988 323 GTX - Heavily modified

DJT Motorsports (Oak Park, MI) - like no other

Comment

You then, did a bad job in your conversation, since it rained heavily all day yesterday
      '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
      '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
      10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
      490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

Door frames painted now, today I'll re-install the doors and continue polishing. My weapon of choice is the Makita 9227C with a new 8" double sided wool pad and Meguiar's 2.0 compound.

As you can see, Godzilla made his way in the paint booth and the thing almost ate my doors...

And the car as it sits now:

Comment

The car is just super clean. I love it.
          Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
          "Who Dey"

Comment

i cant fap anymore in this thread, it just hurts now.

so ****ing nice.

Comment

Thanks...just superb!! Love the color a ton.

Regards,
              Joel
              1988 323 GTX - Heavily modified

DJT Motorsports (Oak Park, MI) - like no other

Comment

Oh my! Its purty. Can I have it?
                My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

Sick
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

dam that thing is goint to look so fucckin clean when u put it all together
                    sigpic

Comment

wow that is sooooooo sexy.... hood looks like glass!

Comment

The car looks flawless. Where are you doing all your painting? A movie set fabrication shop or something? In Canada people just never bring their Godzilla to the local body shop for paint. That might be normal in California though?? If you had a hand in Godzilla, he also looks great.
                        Last edited by IMACHU2; 02-25-2010, 09:21 AM. Reason: got smrtr
                        Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

<Much respect>
                          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                          |.....Overnight....................| ||
                          |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                          |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                          "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                          Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

looks great!
                            ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                            ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                            What are you driving?

Comment

88 Mazda GTX- rusted dalmation, it runs?
                              00 Ford ZX2- red terd, mods: slow
                              00 Ford ZX2- purple ricerocket, 302whp/298wtq - SOLD

Comment

Color sanding & polishing is now done, if it stops raining this week I'll bring her home. Now I get to sand, primer & paint the mirrors, flares, rear bumper lip, a few other odds & ends. All the black paint is the Jet Black II off the '07 Mini (might as well stick with the Mini theme since I think the car's name will be 'MiniMe').

Comment

Working...
                                X