• Show
Clear All

FFS JEBUS thats HOT!!!!!
    Check out the Pics
    sigpic
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=228
    Mazda's Rule Honda's Drool

Comment

state referee: son, where do you think you're going with that?
      95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

btw, what kinda ground clearance are u looking at? lol
        95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Nice! CP has some crazy people and engines! lol

Comment

i need to get a 323

Comment

^No you don't! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rayman View Post
                btw, what kinda ground clearance are u looking at? lol
                Lower than stock. The oil pan is still the lowest part of the whole thing, and the outlet manifold (the one facing toward the front of the car) will be flipped up. I'm thinking about getting a narrower Honda radiator but first I gotta do some math on their cooling abilities.

I will completely replace the lower rad. support so it will both make room for the blower and allow me to easier fit the radiator of my choice.
                '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
                '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
                10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
                490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

ive got a rad from a 93 honda hatchback, only thing im not too happy on is the inlet outlet size on it. only thing is you have to go this route and put it on the driver side due to the supercharger and header's going into the the stock rad if you were to leave it in, you have to remember the motor does move quite abit as well. i also did not want to mount it in front of the rad support due to still wanting to have the support from the hood release. ive had the support removed from my other mazda and it sure makes it weaker. if there is anything you need help with let me know, i had mine all put together and taken apart allready. im going to repaint it this summer, did a bunch of repairs to it and picked up some body stuff to instal as well.

Comment

Wow, keep those pictures rolling in. I am in love with that....You need to make a .gif of Mad Max now as an avatar, and keep a sawed off shotgun in the 323 with you.
                    This is my BP. There are many like it but this one is mine. My BP is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my BP is useless. Without my BP I am useless. I must drive my BP true. I must drive straighter than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me.

Comment

How are you going to handle the fuel enrichment and boost retard functions between naturally aspirated and Kompressor mode?? Fuel would be easy enough I guess. You could use a rising rate F.M.U??? Thinkin' you could use a MSD Boost timing master box for the ignition. Kool stuff, can't wait to see how you tackle this project. Mx-326 GS Kompressor, jealousy building LOL.
                      Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

very very cool indeed, man thats going to be a tight fit up front.
                        91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Originally posted by IMACHU2 View Post
                          How are you going to handle the fuel enrichment and boost retard functions between naturally aspirated and Kompressor mode?? Fuel would be easy enough I guess. You could use a rising rate F.M.U??? Thinkin' you could use a MSD Boost timing master box for the ignition. Kool stuff, can't wait to see how you tackle this project. Mx-326 GS Kompressor, jealousy building LOL.

Stock KL injectors are 220cc - Millenia S injectors (290cc) are drop-ins, and I'll be tuning it all with Megasquirt. With MAP-sensor driven fuel tuning, driving off-boost should be fine. At 7psi the stock disty should be fine for spark supply. I don't want to go to coilpacks because then I have to add a toothed wheel to the custom overdrive pulley, and frankly I think coilpacks would be overkill for a low boost application.

Comment

I like to watch...you do cool stuff Dan.

Comment

i can personally vouch for the millenia S injectors being able to handle 7-8psi pushing 280+ at the wheels, and i did that on a vortech FMU.....the old lo-tech stuff lol

Comment

Finally began work on this! Yesterday I started stripping the donor MX3, which has been a free-king great intermediary daily driver with the 1.8 v6. Got the engine & interior out, today I dropped the rear subframe, and tomorrow the front subframe and suspension. Then all of the wiring harness comes out, from bumper to bumper, full car. I'll do this right the first time, not like the last one when I did it piecemeal chasing ghosts.

I bought a brand new engine harness, and I will use the old one for extending wires (same color/gauge FTW) for the wire tuck.

I still haven't finished writing the comprehensive plan for the full work, but it will be done soon. Planning = teH win (well, theoretically at least). It should minimize down time and parts chasing.

I started sanding the GTR rear bumper & lip (it had a rough life in the UK) and the rear spoilers also. I'll finish the body work this week, then strip-o-rama and firewall cutout.

I'm finally excited about it, even though it will take some time

Comment

Working...
                                X