Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no luck. I got it to crank strongly by jumpering the starter + wire with the starter signal wire - it builds good oil pressure, so the engine is in ok shape. Back to the drawing board.

Anyone have a schematic with the '92 MX3 ground locations?
    '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
    '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
    10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
    490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

94 Mazda MX3 GS MazdaSpeed \ KL-31 KLZE \ Probinator Chip \ Greddy Catch Can \ 3" SRI \ Hotshot Ceramic Headers \ Magnaflow Cat-Muffler-Res \ ZX2's \ Ground Controls \ SRD Replica Tie Bar \ Cross Drilled Rotors \ Black E-Spec Headlights \ 4300K H4 HID's \ Alpine CDA-9835 \ Full MTX System \ Tons of Mazdaspeed parts!

Comment

that's a huge picture lol

sorry to hear about the issues dan are you getting spark and fuel?
        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Without the engine cranking, it's hard to get either.

All grounds accounted for, still same issue. I'm starting to get a feel that the new replacement harness might have some issues, but I'm not too worried about it. I might just rip it all out and go to paint now as I don't want to waste too much time on this at this time.

Comment

That's showing the 1.6 4-cyl engine & harness.

Edit - I found the 1.8 V6 one by clicking 'next' a couple of times. It's T-Y-029.

Edit 2 - thank you for the great link.
            Last edited by Dan [Sac]; 12-06-2009, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Haha sorry. Yea, good call on looking ahead. I looked at that one too but it didnt click in my head haha. Are you getting spark at all?
              94 Mazda MX3 GS MazdaSpeed \ KL-31 KLZE \ Probinator Chip \ Greddy Catch Can \ 3" SRI \ Hotshot Ceramic Headers \ Magnaflow Cat-Muffler-Res \ ZX2's \ Ground Controls \ SRD Replica Tie Bar \ Cross Drilled Rotors \ Black E-Spec Headlights \ 4300K H4 HID's \ Alpine CDA-9835 \ Full MTX System \ Tons of Mazdaspeed parts!

Comment

There is no crank rotation, so no spark. It has to be either a harness issue, an ignition switch issue, or a missing ground.

I highly expect it to be user error (missing ground or something unplugged somewhere though thus far I've traced everything proper).

The one thing I can't find on my harness is the JC-04 cluster ground - supposed to be by the battery somewhere in the stock location.

If someone can take a photo of this guy and what it connects to let me know. From the diagram it looks like it branches off the diagnostic box harness.

Comment

Connects with a 10mm bolt to the frame rail right behind the battery.

Last edited by solo_ryder; 12-06-2009, 10:47 PM. Reason: Larger pic

Comment

its tucked under the clutch master cylinder, and is a PITA to get too
                    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

I don't have it on my harness - I wonder if it 'fell out' while (or after) I unwrapped the harness from all the factory tape. Trip to the JY is in order now, I suppose.

The only other clue I found is that the dash backlights don't come on when I turn parking or headlights on (there are no headlights or corners or tail lights plugged in, but that won't keep the interior lights from coming on - unless something else was missing).

All other grounds are accounted for and grounded.

Comment

W....T....F....snow is forecast for tomorrow....mother nature is pissed!

Comment

So until I find where that JC-04 cluster went, here are 2 pics of the gauge setup. First is the water temp electric sender plumbed in, second is of the gauges in action.

Still haven't decided on a location, though I think a 3-pod gauge on the a-pillar is the most sensible idea, though I hate that it will be so visible - which means I'll try to find something else. The boost gauge is not hooked up yet.

Comment

why not put them above your radio. where the center vent, and clock is. you can fit 3 gauges wide in there, and its close to the rest of your gauges
                            ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                            ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                            What are you driving?

Comment

That's what I thought too, but then i have to relocate the vent outlets...and I likes my heat

Comment

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
                                That's what I thought too, but then i have to relocate the vent outlets...and I likes my heat
                                if you use the mx3 center console you can use that little coin tray thing under the raido and it will fit 2 gauges easy and it can fit 3 as well
                                look at mine...and i moved them around so the raido is under them

1st 323 - wrecked - RIP
                                2nd 323 - stolen - RIP
                                3rd 323 - daily driver

Comment

Working...
                                X