X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monoxidechild View Post
    thats Dan's last 323. lol.

i think it's safe to say this one is a vast upgrade over the original at this point.

If you read the build log on the first one, in it I mentioned that it was an experimental, experience-building process in order to work out the bugs toward the ultimate goal of building my 'perfect' 323. That build has certainly paid off.

The lower spoiler is an aftermarket unit made in Germany by Zender, and made of high-density polyethylene material.
    '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
    '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
    10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
    490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

wow, looks amazing man. the paint turned out flawlessly, are you happy with it so far?
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Dan I have to know what is the lower spoiler on the hatch off of ???

Looks great on the car . Love the paint colour . Looks like the same colour as my Father's 1948 Anglia.

Well not quite the same tone .. but same metallic .

Comment

Dan I have to know what is the lower spoiler on the hatch off of ???

Your in luck!

Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

Holy crap, that's the one. Mine came from the UK in horrible shape. The mounting studs were broken and rusted, and whoever removed the spoiler off the car just simply ripped it off creating a dent in the side of it...

The one in the ebay auction appears brand new, with mounting hardware AND new hatch struts. Definitely worth the cash, even if shipping to US is $100+.

Comment

I read the ebay ad ... It looks like it sold in Feb 17/2010. I dont know why its still listed in ebay german site. The winning bid was 51 euro's ( like $70.00 bucks us $$ ) Damn I would have paid double that to get my hands on it .

Comment

Well, the reassembly has begun. I'm starting with the steering system since I never made new brackets for the RHD steering rack (in the GTX, the rack is firewall mounted, whereas in the stateside LHDs the racks bolt on to the subframes).

I saved the firewall piece with the rack bracket and today I spotweld-drilled out the bracket. Now I have to fashion some sort of in-between adapter to mount the bracket to the subframe, which in turn will let me bolt on the rack. The steering rack has been depowered as I generally dislike the leakiness of stock systems and I wasn't about to spend a fortune on quality fittings to replace everything.

I also located another '92 MX3 GS that I'll be 'borrowing' the full bumper-to-bumper harness, just in case I can't find the gremlins that plagued the first start-up attempt. Having a backup plan is nice when it's cheap.

So I'll install the dash skeleton first, then bolt on the steering column, then find out where it lines up with the firewall, then position the rack, then make brackets, then weld.

After that, I'll start laying the interior wiring and remove both subframes for cleaning and polyurethane bushing insertion.....mmmmm, insertion

Comment

MMMMMM insertion
                  Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                  "Who Dey"

Comment

mmm marmalade....er ya....insertion
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

No work this week, I have 3 midterms and lots of studying to do.

But, I did pick up a mint 626 front bumper lip and initial mockup shows a pretty good fit. Maybe I don't need an OEM lip after all.

Comment

I *think* I figured out the no-crank issue I had pre-paint. I am using the 323 pedal sets, and they only have 2 sensors (one brake, one clutch). After pulling that mx3 harness I saw that the mx3 pedals have 3 sensors (2 clutch, one brake). The side sensor on the clutch pedal (plastic white box) was not on the 323 pedals - hopefully that's the issue. Somehow I have to fit that sensor now on the 323 pedals, as the mx3 pedal spacing is different and won't match the firewall holes (brake & clutch cylinder placement).

So I hope this friday to lay out the harness again and re-check the # of sensors....

Comment

I noticed your car was an automatic. Does it have a RHD JDM pedal set now? Wondering if in Japan they don't have the extra switch? My CDM cars both have three switches.

Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

Right you are! That's what the thing was, I think. The original 323 pedals obviously were tossed since they were auto, and I'm using the JDM pedals. It is very possible that the GTX does not have the 3rd switch, which would have been enough to prevent the mx3 harness from cranking.

Comment

If you want I can check the garage to see if the GTR has that third switch, I don't know offhand.

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Comment

Yeah, you can check it - I'll see if I can dig something up for the RHD GTX model.

Comment

Working...
                                X