Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headliner is in, rear view mirror, sun-visors.

The painting of the little parts has been delayed due to a bonehead in the shop where I paint at. The parts got moved (I'd wager that they got thrown) and my careful 1000-grit sanding was thrashed with new scratches/gouges in the primer, so I had to spend a few hours re-sanding them today - that meant losing my turn in the paint booth, which means the next available time for paint for me is tuesday, june 1st. Stupidity really, really ought to be painful.
    '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
    '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
    10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
    490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

damn that sucks...wouldn't be a good car build without a few delays tho lol, don't let it get you down man.
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Can't wait for more pics. *hint hint*
        Lookin' to boost my BP. Any help at all on this subject would be benificial to my success.

Comment

Comment

Sexy.
            Lookin' to boost my BP. Any help at all on this subject would be benificial to my success.

Comment

Oem fresh! Even mounting ecu in stock location. Mine us thrown under my pasenger side carpet. Lol

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
                Oem fresh! Even mounting ecu in stock location. Mine us thrown under my pasenger side carpet. Lol
                should be grounded down my friend...
                -Jack

Comment

Fantastic build thread and photos.

Comment

Got some more work done today - I'm spending some extra time in places to try my best to make everything look OEM - as if I custom ordered the car from Mazda. This is making some things take longer than otherwise, but overall it's not going too bad.

Since the car has the full MX3 harness, I installed the mx3 hazard and defrost buttons and mounted them in the 323 clock spot - the MX3 cluster has a clock built in.

Today I finished the dash install, including the full MX3 center console - a very careful observation will show that the center console is off by a couple of mm here and there, but keeping in mind that the parts came from 2 different dash designs, I think it came together rather pleasingly well (the efforts to make it come together were not pleasing, I assure you).

Don't mind the dust on some of the interior bits, I will give it a good wipe down once finished.

Carpet was also put in today, and it fit without issues. I just have to cut a slot in it to let the RHD trunk/gas release lever poke through. Once the car is road worthy I'll make a dead pedal to the left of the clutch pedal - for now it's fine as is.

Tomorrow I should finalize the interior work. Front and rear speakers will need some custom mounting points, I have to tweak the trunk release cable to make it work properly, do the tail light splicing to fit the mx3 harness to the 323 lights, and then reinstall all interior panels. Door panels are getting new door handles as the old ones were predictably broken.

If there's any time left tomorrow I'll run wiring for the 3 gauges as well. I'm a bit peeved that the spacing between the gauges is uneven (the center gauge should have been about 1/16" to the right) but I'll live with it for now. If it bugs me still later I'll redo it.

She got her first interior cleaning today, it felt good having my knees on carpet again.

Comment

That looks awesome man! I can see the passion you have for this build from just looking at the interior! and I know passion, I'm half Italian! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
                        it felt good having my knees on carpet again.
                        That's what she said.

But seriously, amazing work.

Comment

well the OEM style you're going for is working out Dan, the car is looking amazing! I love the fact you have the rare mx-3 rear console too with the extra bucket! I'm going to be installing a mx6 turbo rear console for the same reason...more room!
                          -Jack

Comment

I read the whole thread, which actually took quite a long time...spaced out between dinner and Star Wars marathon lol. I was expecting it to be finished damn it! Oh well.
                            I really want to do a ZE 323, I was wondering how much money have you put into it? And without converting it to RHD what do you think the cost would be at?

Also I saw your battery relocation..is that a sealed recombo battery? Or is it vented from the bottom or somethin that I didn't see?
                            My Garage:
                            1987 Mazda RX7 5 Lug Swap, 88 Motor, 88 Transmission, S5 Tailights FOR SALE
                            1994 Mazda Protege DX 1.8L SOHC, Auto
                            1999 Chevrolet Cavalier 2.2L Auto Daily Driver

Comment

Vented through tube.

A bare bones, no frills 323-ZE can be had for under $3k if you bid your time and wait for good deals to pan out (donor 323, donor mx3, and the ZE itself).

I haven't tallied the receipts for this car yet, but I'm pretty close to 10k, I'm sure. This doesn't count any labor costs if you assume I work for free.

Comment

What kind of door panels, interior panels, and seat combo are you going to do?
                                Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Working...
                                X