This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All info on the Mazda 3 goes here.

went searching for an answer... appears to be pretty easy once you get an where to pull and how much tension it may take?
    Sorry, I didn;t take th pictures so I can't explain but I can see how it is removed as you check out the pictures. Hopefully this helps you out.

'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
    -Dean
    2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
    18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
    Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
    MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
    Injen CAI - Polished
    Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
    DaveB trim rings
    Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
    Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
    Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
    Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
    Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
    Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
    Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
    Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

It appears to be all custom made with radio support bracketry. Been there done that in the past.
    Regardless here is the info.
    Found it at mazdaworld.org . UserTag is msaeger
    msaeger@mn.rr.com
    Read a few of his posts, he seems like the kind of guy that would help you out. Sorry upfront for the link to another mazda site, some admins don't like this, if so David, just tell me and I will not do it again. So to continue on your statement on it being a pain in the arse to get to it looks much easier than the PR5 since the heat/air control wires aren't involved. I would suggest not trying to remove the long dash strip if your car is sitting out in the cold, if possible get it inside and let it acclimate or use a blow dryer on it first to get it plyable.
    'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
    -Dean
    2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
    18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
    Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
    MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
    Injen CAI - Polished
    Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
    DaveB trim rings
    Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
    Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
    Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
    Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
    Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
    Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
    Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
    Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Dean thanks for all the info its appreciated.

The guy that works for me was a car stereo installer for 10 years and he said make sure that trim is warm.

I said to him if I drive the car and I have the heat on full balst the car interior is compeltey warm seats and door plastic including the dash and metal.

The pictures helped.

I see how its removed you have the open the glove box and from there I stuck my fingers under neat the trim and it moving a little. He has little trim tools to remove clips.

The car is going into the dealer after the 14th of Jan there seems to be a problem with the air bag sensor light being on. This is the 2nd one the dealer has reported the sensor in the hood not working. So the air bag now will not inflate in a crash now.

When the part comes in he will change it for me. He said wait till the dealer change it as some dealers can be pricks and blame it on the radio mod.

Ps: Looking on the photo closely I see where it has an indent to pop the clip and then slide the trim to the left to unclip the right side.
      I also drive a AA Turbo Bmw E36/M3 setup last Dynojet 248c 369rwhp & 354ft/lbs at 10.5psi.

Comment

Clear pic of the trim removed

My guy is now installing the RF changer here is a clear view of the trim with all the chips so beware of them all.

He just showed me where he mounting the controller is where the ash tray is he removed it and mounted the display in there it fits and the cover can still close.

There is a clip on the dead left of the trim a total of 4 plus the one on the right that you have to slide.

Where the radio display is you can screw a plate I guess to cover up the hole when you install a after market radio.
        Attached Files
        I also drive a AA Turbo Bmw E36/M3 setup last Dynojet 248c 369rwhp & 354ft/lbs at 10.5psi.

Comment

Mazda crap design for fuse box

There looks like a entire fuse panel behind the glove box that looks like you have to remove to gain access to.

Sorry you can gain entry and the fuse box will swing down with out removing the glove box my mistake.

Do you know when I called and asked Mazda if I cant figure out how to remove the radio that bastards was saying 1.8 hours to remove and re install it back for me saying its lots of work.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by M3turboca; 01-21-2004, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Radio removed empty dash

Lots of space when you remove the radio

Crap hope that they come out with a mounting plate real soon as the Jvc RF sounds like crap when the volume is up loud between tracks you can hear a hissing type sound and low level noise.

There is definately trebble and bass loss compared to playing a cd in the factory deck.

Thank god the cd changer can be converted directly to a Jvc deck without the rf adaptor.

I decide to remove the Rf and wait for a install kit so I can change the radio and add a new changer.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by M3turboca; 01-21-2004, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Help Me

I just got a 2003 protege 5 and i need to know if the stock cd player has the correct audio cables(RCA) on it to properly install an amp, and run some subs? or if i need to drop in an after market head unit?

Comment

Working...
              X