Help ID part,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ID part,,,

My 90 323 has a adjusting screw with a rubber cap on it,,located on drivers side on top of intake,,,,I dont have a picture and Haynes does not show/describe it either,,,,I can turn it clockwise and lower rpms and counter to raise,,,what is its function?,,,,I had to replace my fuel pump and filter a few weeks ago and ever since it takes way longer to crank than usual,,,,
    90 323 bone stock

it's your idle rpm. you want to have it around 750-800 on your tac.
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

wish i had a tach,,,I was unsure thinking it may open/close air intake,,,good to know these things,,,now to figure why its taking so long to crank,,,
      90 323 bone stock

Comment

It does open and close air intake... that's how it sets your rpm.

Have you thrown some injector cleaner through your fuel tank, just incase some moisture got in your tank or your new pump sucked up some mung.

Also when last have you done a tune up?

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
        Member of MX-3.com
        1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
        1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shades View Post
          It does open and close air intake... that's how it sets your rpm.

Have you thrown some injector cleaner through your fuel tank, just incase some moisture got in your tank or your new pump sucked up some mung.

Also when last have you done a tune up?
          I am not familiar with FI, raised on carb models, there was mung in the old fuel filter when I removed it,,,so will run some injector cleaner thru it,,,I also pulled off the dist cap and two of the electrodes had build up on them,,,will replace it too,,,,I got used to the ole car cranking on one spin,,,,,,but with 187K miles on it, i guess I can live with it,,,,,just how long do these motors last? So far I have gotton my 600 bucks out of it,,,,,thanks guys....
          90 323 bone stock

Comment

I've got over 350 000km's on my 323 and still going strong.

Sounds like your car is in bad need of a tune up... spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap and rotor. Throw in an oil change too.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
            Member of MX-3.com
            1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
            1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Dont Mess With It, It Will Make The Eject Seat Unstable And Possibly Damage The Booster Rockets
              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
              |.....Overnight....................| ||
              |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
              |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
              "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
              Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

My guess would be a bleed out problem... you probably have a small fuel leak somewhere (probably at or around the pump) and when you shut the car off it looses its pressure.

try turning the car to the on position for a couple seconds, turn it off, do it again a couple times. each time the pump will prime, start it and see if it helped at all.
                There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

Working...
                X