Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to be so late to reply Sir....

Originally posted by Threetwenty3 View Post
    i don't want to divert your thread but i also want to do a rear disc upgrade on my bf. is there an alternate upgrade other than using the GT stuff?
    My pc is down, and I'm using this one for now.

There are some other upgrades, however one that comes to mind is the gallant upgrade, I personally think it's over the top for being complicated when stock after market is still available, why make things more complicated.

Every 20k regrease and inspect the bearings, never overtighten the lugs and pray for fun driving.

I plan to swap my drum to rear GT disc when the rear brakes are needing replaced.

808, thanks for your post Sir, always good to hear from you!
    David
    sigpic Ky

Comment

There's a bunch of capri's in the local yard here so I bet there's a bunch there. All of them had discs too.

I changed a 626 from drum to GT disc without the proportioning valve and it worked flawless.
      88 323 GT - 03 Protege5 - 07 Mazda 5

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I'm really interested in a rear disc swap. If I find a xr2 like you said do I need to grab caliper, caliper bracket, rotor ext.. Or do I need a custom bracket and caliper setup?
        1987 Mazda 323 DX 1.6l 5 spd, KYB Exel-G struts w/ stock coils, hybrid cai, cut exhaust, custom 5 blade fan upgrade

Comment

Straight swap..knuckle,rotor, caliper, hoses and the parking brake cables.

Comment

Awesome nest time I hit the junk yard I'm gonna have my eye out
            1987 Mazda 323 DX 1.6l 5 spd, KYB Exel-G struts w/ stock coils, hybrid cai, cut exhaust, custom 5 blade fan upgrade

Comment

Working...
            X