Clear All

1.8L to 2.1L stroker kit

Whoa

1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

230HP N/A!!!!!! That would move!

Comment

omg...........if that was 2500$ cheaper id be on that quick. dam budget.

Originally posted by minnesotapj
      Cost of your fancy German built sports car $35k
      price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
      Getting beat by a second hand 20 year old Japanese 4 door... Priceless!
      The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
      *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

Good find! Too expensive for my taste.
        Last edited by superscort93; 05-20-2009, 01:47 PM.
        This is my BP. There are many like it but this one is mine. My BP is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my BP is useless. Without my BP I am useless. I must drive my BP true. I must drive straighter than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me.

Comment

that's just in parts imagine the machine work cost

Comment

Machine work would not be that bad around here, I could get the boring/sleving if it called for a sleeve for around $100.
            This is my BP. There are many like it but this one is mine. My BP is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my BP is useless. Without my BP I am useless. I must drive my BP true. I must drive straighter than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me.

Comment

If I had the dough, I'd get this or the FM stroker kit and remove the turbo and install ITB's and kick serious ass in Open Light...
              '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
              '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

that would be sick awd itb protege rally car

Comment

Now you guys are thinking

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
                    that would be sick awd itb protege rally car
                    Who has a extra AWD sitting around?? :D
                    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                    |.....Overnight....................| ||
                    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

I dunno.. What's "extra"? If you mean 'not a daily driver' then yeah, I've got two. And I've seen the FM kit available, but haven't seen this one.

hmmmmmmmmm....

--sarge

Comment

i just browsed it quickly ... but didnt see what compression this bumps it to ....

stroker bottom end .......with boost? hehehehehe

Comment

ya i remember seeing this a long time ago haha, its not really worth the money unless you plan on keeping your BP powered car for like 8years, most of them rot out by then

JACK.
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
                            Who has a extra AWD sitting around?? :D
                            You??

Comment

Originally posted by frogi323 View Post
                              omg...........if that was 2500$ cheaper id be on that quick. dam budget.
                              MAHLE's racing pistons probably boost up the price. they are around $500 a piece. my friend works at MAHLE and also races in an open GT class cup ... they can make parts for any engine you'd like, I asked about a Z5 and they said it's not a problem. The only problem for me is that a single camshaft is $3000.

Anyhow this kit is probably worth of buying, since there are some really pro components included.
                              Garage: Mazda Protege 1995, Z5 engine, MTX, P/S, no A/C, no ABS.

PM me if you need: comprehensive Autodata information; Mazda's 2nd generation workshop manual; Mazda's Z5 overhaul workshop manual.

Comment

Working...
                              X