vehicle speed sensor ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vehicle speed sensor ????

I have a 93 protege lx ( 1.8 dohc ) that started shifting erraticlly. Sometimes it starts in 2nd gear and jumps to fourth gear, sometimes it is fine. I took it to a tranny shop and they did a diagnostic on it and told me the tranny seems fine and my speedo is working fine. He said it is probably the vehicle speed sensor that is not working properly. I cannot find the vss in my hanes manual anywhere. I am not sure where it is even located.

Does anyone think that this is the problem ? If so, can someone tell me where the vss is located at.
    Last edited by Zap; 06-05-2009, 05:33 AM.

I bet if you searched for it you would find your answer.......

.........here
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

There is a speedometer cable that runs from the dash down into the transmition.

Comment

Well, I looked under at my transmission and did see the speedometer cable going into the tranny. I also saw a large electrical conector that plugged into the top of the tranny.
        Doe's anyone know what that plug is ? It has 6 wires in it.

Also I found the answer to my orriginal question. According to my manual, the vss is located behind my speedo guage in the dash. I am going to tear into it tomarrow.
        Thanks for the replies.

Comment

The wires might be for the oil leval lamp. The speedometer cable is located at the top of the transmition on the side toward the fire wall. Where the cable ends is also the same place were the hanes manuel says you should fill the transmition.

Comment

Working...
          X