General BP questions: gauges & blower motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General BP questions: gauges & blower motor

I think I'm going to buy and install a fuel pressure gauge and an oil pressure gauge. I don't want to spend a ton of money but the gauges need to be accurate. What are your favorite brand of gauges (bang for buck wise)?

Also I will search for the install but I think I read somewhere that to do the oil pressure gauge we need to unscrew the oil pressure sending unit from the back of the BP and install the oil pressure gauge sending unit in there with an adapter? Is that right? and is this the sender that is located or above the starter?

I also need a blower motor now. I keep having to slap the hell out of mine to get it going at times. Is the motor one that I can service with new brushes and such??

Originally posted by cis2711 View Post
    I also need a blower motor now. I keep having to slap the hell out of mine to get it going at times. Is the motor one that I can service with new brushes and such??
    It may be a loose connector or the resistor bank connector may be corroded.
    Recently I removed the motor and squirrel cage. It was half full of eucalyptus leaves along with some crud in the cowl and the drains plugged in the plastic cowl covers. Had to clean them out, I suggest you do the same.
    While in there I pulled the resistor bank connector, which IIRC is white in color.
    The power line first goes to the motor then to the resistor bank, and it is located directly below the cowl opening. If water is in the cowl it can drain into the cabin if the drains are plugged and the door is in Fresh Air mode rather than Recirculation. I had to clean the contacts of both the connectors and the resistor.
    I thought the motor winding resistance(Ohms) was printed or stamped on the motor somewhere to test for a bad winding.
    An easy way to test is to jump the motor to the battery it is marked with (+) and (-) symbols on the motor terminals. These are not readily serviceable units. There is a lid you can remove to ad a drop of oil to the back bearing if need be. I attempted to remove the squirrel cage but it was stuck on pretty good. Just because the motor doesn't always work is not necessarily the motor gone bad. I think your problem lies in a bad or corroded connector down at the foot well.
    -Michael
    '90 Protege SE
    Originally posted by charles
    It's probably to fix that ****ing automatic seatbelt

Comment

Working...
    X