X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gtx to t3 adapter, pics with turbo mounted wanted

gtx to t3 adapter, pics with turbo mounted wanted

well im thinking of using a gtx to t3 adapter plate on my awd pro,

right know im running a homemade log that a made a long time ago, i have modded this a few times now, ie i put a external waste on this manifold twice and then patched it up to run internal ones, i have had this manifold on 3 different boosted bp cars already..well it really looks like ass now and probably does not flow well at all anyway.

so im looking for some pics of people that ran the t3 adpater plate on a gtx manifold, preferably a smaller t3 like a .42/48. t3, im just weighing my options right now, i can always make a splog style one.
    5 boosted bp cars,why...

Yea I would like to see some pics... I HAVE a t3 to gtx adapter but no turbo because i'm unsure what will fit

Comment

I was the one who made the adapter plates and you will be able to fit up to a .70 compressor housing. I ran a t3/t4 hybrid and still had space.
      hello 4g63 nice to meet you

Comment

have anybody use a GTR mani cut off the turbo mount flange and weld on a t3 flange?
        Aku belly

Comment

Originally posted by red90gt View Post
          have anybody use a GTR mani cut off the turbo mount flange and weld on a t3 flange?
          Not that I've seen. Plus its not the best idea to weld cast steel. You can but there's a special process to do it right. The flange doesn't lower the turbo enough to cause any type of draining issues.
          hello 4g63 nice to meet you

Comment

With the pics there(thanks wht95scort) this is now a sticky.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

wht95scort , can you make me one, if some how much?

also iirc your out of the boosted bp world so if you can't, or don't want to i understand or maybe you could send me a file of your templete or some diagram, i can have it made locally, or i could just figure out the plate diamentions my self. just weighing my options.

also anyone else have pics of it mounted running a smaller t3 like a 60 trim or a .42/.48
              5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Originally posted by wht95scort View Post
                I was the one who made the adapter plates and you will be able to fit up to a .70 compressor housing. I ran a t3/t4 hybrid and still had space.

Oh so sexy... I had a wet dream about it last night...

95 Protege ES

Comment

dose anyone know the thickness of this adapter, and the counter sinking dept for the bolts that bolt the adapter to the gtx manifold, and maybe a the bolt size he ran?

it looks like it will mount the turbo pretty low, and could maybe cause oil drain problems.
                  5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

i'll take some measurments of mine sometime soon when i can find the thing

Comment

BP adatpter plate

Here is a GTR Manifold adapter setup I ran with a Garrett GT28 with a 64 housing...

http://yfrog.com/i3chucksbptengineswap005j.

My question is there enough block clearance for a A/R 84 housing???
                      Been a while can not remember......

Thanks in advance guys,
                      Chuck

Comment

Any of these still floating around that maybe somebody wants to sell? PM me.

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                        HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                        Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Contact the man that got them made in the begining. Last time I asked he said he can get more made but that was a while ago
                          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I am also interested in a gt 28 adapter plate.

Comment

will the turbo sit high enough to drain?

Comment

Working...
                              X