Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 2009's ROTM - 323 GT-R

JULY 2009's ROTM WINNER IS 323 GT-R

The winner for the month of July's nominations was member 323 GT-R from Gatineau, Quebec, Canada. Although I won't admit any direct bias towards this fellow Cannuck, it's hard not to agree that this is one sweet ride. The car is in pristine condition both inside and out and has some excellent upgrades. The pictures really tell the story though.

Engine Modifications

Under the hood lives the famous BPD. The engine is fed by the K&N Air Intake and boost set by a Perrin boost controller. A large aftermarket radiator and magnecor wires were also added. A HKS groundkit and Mazdaspeed oil & radiator cap finish off the underhood modifications.

Drivetrain Modifications

The mighty BPD is mated to the GTR's AWD transmission. Power is then directed through the lightened flywheel and the Stage 3 clutch, which is activated by the Corksport braided stainless steel clutch line.

Suspension Modifications

Handling is covered by a set of KYB coilovers mated to Cusco upper strut mounts on the front and rear of the car. A Cusco rear strut bar finishes off the suspension tuning.

Brakes, Wheels, and Tires

Beyond the stock GTR braking system, the soft rubber lines were upgraded for a set of Corksport braided stainless steel brake lines. Stopping power is directed through the Yokohama S Drive tires mounted on a very sexy set of Watanabe RS-8 15in wheels.

Interior Modifications

Thankfully the owner has kept the interior in beautiful condition and really shows what a true GT-R looks like. All that has been changed was an upgraded Pioneer head unit, and Infinity speakers all around.

Exterior Modifications

The factory JDM headlights have been changed out for an amazing set of TYC clear headlights with the very rare Infini clear corners.

Additional Pictures.

Let me be the first to say CONGRATS on the win. It's one sweet GT-R!
    I peered out from the castle window and looked over the splendor of ROTM county. Yes, twas' a much simpler time back then. Peasants would go about their postings, and I, the mod, would rule over them with an iron fist.

i will be the second for congrats. very very nice ride right here.
    91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Thank you very much for the beautiful presentation!
      Thank you for all the good comments here or on my BG worklog!

Comment

that's the cleanest gtr i have ever seen congrats on the win

Comment

Congrats. Well deserved win

Originally posted by 323 GT-R View Post
          Thank you very much for the beautiful presentation!
          Thank you for all the good comments here or on my BG worklog!
          I concur. Great job sock.
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

congrats on the win 323 GT-R and awesome presentation sock.

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yep...a most worthy ROTM. This is one of my two favorite GTR's, the other being nlight's black '93 GTR. I sometimes tend to think my car looks pretty darned good...then I see cars like this and am completely humbled.

Stunning...

Regards,
              Joel
              1988 323 GTX - Heavily modified

DJT Motorsports (Oak Park, MI) - like no other

Comment

Damn, why again cant we get those cars over here without jumpin through hoops? Congrats! Drop dead sexy car!!

Comment

thats a clean car!
                  ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                  ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                  What are you driving?

Comment

supa-dupa clean....me want gtr
                    95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

very very clean...congrats

Comment

Nice clean car!

Comment

Wow, clean is too weak to label this ride... undescribably top notch workmanship Sir.

Much deserved win. When I hear GT-R, after seeing this piece of art... this photographic memory will display.

Photography also deserve applause!
                          David
                          sigpic Ky

Comment

Thank you everyone...I do all I my power to keep this car as clean as is it...as beautiful as it is...I even respect limits I have set myself...which is driving it not more than 10000km a year...so I can keep it as long as possible!

Me = In love with GTR'S!!

Comment

It's sweet candy for the eye of the Mazda lover

Thanks for being a part of us Sir!

Would love to see a link to photos of this car in your country backdrop settings, like web shots, photobucket, or picasa.

You could put links in your signature. That car in the country setting is awesome. And some of us my not ever (like myself) get to travel out of USA due to spending on my petty projects.
                              David
                              sigpic Ky

Comment

Working...
                              X