Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Gresham, OR Motor Swap Day/Meet comming up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gresham, OR Motor Swap Day/Meet comming up.

Well, I pick up the last remaining bits for my engine swap this week, and once thats done, I will hopefully be getting my nice shiny new motor from the engine builder real soon after. I was looking into having a few other Mazda guru's come out, hang out for a bit, and lend a hand in dropping in my new motor. Old one may still need to be pulled, depending on how ambitious I get within the next week, It may already be out. New motor will need to have the rebuilt intermediate shaft bolted to new bock, new trans bolted to new block, rebuilt injectors installed, and intake mani installed. then swap in, then bolt up the turbo, wiring, etc.

Anyone in the area interested in comming out and helping? Yes, im looking for free labor, or cheap. Depending on when it is, I might be able to cover lunch, dinner, beers, what ever. All about payday and how decent it is, as well as how many people come out. Im hoping to do the swap, and first fire up in one day.

Matt, let me know your schedual if this sounds like something you might want to join in on. I dont have a set date at all yet, as its all dependent on how quick the engine builder can build my motor. Hes only waiting on the pistons as of yet, other stuff is done.

So again, anyone interested, post up. Heres how far Ive gotten so far.

And found a goody at the JY....!
    Mazda
    1988 Black 323 GT
    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

just give me a date and im so down

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Same here would love to meet up with some locals

Comment

also what kinda swap are you doing? Are you putting in a BP?

If so my little brother would be interested in buying your old engine.

Comment

Heh, nope, I have a second B6T being rebuilt. Dont feel like fabbing motor mounts and fitting other components at this time. The new motor came out of my white GT in my shed thats undergoing a rebuild as well. So this tired motor will also be rebuilt and thrown into the white car.

I should know a date here rel soon.
          Mazda
          1988 Black 323 GT
          DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Just wondering... what size engine is that in the pics? And is it normal for the Familia to have the distributor running off the intake cam? Or is it only normal for a turbo? Interesting... never seen it before. Is the thermostat housing in the same place as on a US BP engine? I looks to be a lil forward.

Comment

Well, this is the factory motor for a USDM GT. Its in the original car it came from the factory in. On the B6T, or B6DE (?), Disty is always on the Intake cam. as for the thermostat cover, I believe they are very close.

Its also a 1.6l, not a BP. This motor is alot less common then a BP is. Unless you bought a N/A Capri, you would never find this motor in any other car then a GT, GTX, or XR2. All 3 are rather hard to find.
              Last edited by FamiliaGT; 08-31-2009, 03:23 PM.
              Mazda
              1988 Black 323 GT
              DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

well for a short time they made an obd1 b6de for the mazda mx3's too but those are rare as well I think they made them from 94-96 then in 96-98 they were obd2

Comment

BUMP for meet up date

Comment

Yikes! I forgot about this particular thread. If anyones not doing anything tomorrow (Tuesday), Im having a friend come over to help me fab up some mounts to hang the new bumper, then start tearing into the old motor.

As so far as the actual swap day, It wont be till the end of September, as the motor wont be finished till probably the 25th or so. Ile keep you posted.

If you want to come out today, Email, PM me and i can give you the info. Can give you my cell as well.

Thanks guys.
                    Mazda
                    1988 Black 323 GT
                    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Working...
                    X