No announcement yet.

my protege build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously, we need some videos. I can't wait to rebuild my motor around my GTR ecu.
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

none right now as far as acceleration, kinda sketches me out holding a cam and doing a full rip through the gears one handed, idk...lol. ill get a few with my girlfriend doing cam duty.

i do have one when i started it up and had not yet tuned the vam, and another of me sitting at a gas station watching idle afr after a few adjustments...i could post those, nothing cool tho..
      DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92dx View Post
        none right now as far as acceleration, kinda sketches me out holding a cam and doing a full rip through the gears one handed, idk...lol. ill get a few with my girlfriend doing cam duty.

i do have one when i started it up and had not yet tuned the vam, and another of me sitting at a gas station watching idle afr after a few adjustments...i could post those, nothing cool tho..
        Do it. Its your worklog. It doesn't have to always be the nice stuff.
        "Who Dey"

Comment

second start up, after warmed up. there are some pick tools in the door storage rattling around inside at first...lol..

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

sitting at gas station after fooling with the vam some.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
          DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92dx View Post
            second start up, after warmed up. there are some pick tools in the door storage rattling around inside at first...lol..

sitting at gas station after fooling with the vam some.

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h7...t=MVI_0885.mp4
            The aem is nice.
            "Who Dey"

Comment

I wanted to run that turbo when it was in my hands Glad to see someone running it. Really wish it was on youtube. Blackberry won't play photbucket vids
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

so since boosting the car i am very happy, it drives great and goes mean as fck, so of course the next step is to add more parts.. lol.

the clutch is starting to slip in boost, so i have a solution underway. it will consist of a '99 miata flywheel, act probe v6 hd pp and ss disc. still need to order the clutch kit.

the '99 miata FW is 17lbs stock vs the earlier bp FW 20lbs iirc. step height is same on both. i figured this would be a nice upgrade for a dd.. had it surfaced and balanced.

got a set of bp26 cams, but there were some minor dings on a few of the journals and lobes on the intake cam. nothing to cry about, but a little attention was needed. i just had them both polished. they check out in spec and look damn good!

finally i got another vj20 turbine housing so i can get rid of the vj11 housing and dump and use my corksport dp.

i had the wg hole ported as much as it could retaining the stock flapper. the inside is radiused nicely and should help with the boost creep i have now. bead blasted as well.

here are some pics of the new vj20 housing, a corksport modified vj20 housing w/ a vf10 flapper, and a vj11. im already thinking about an external wg..lol....
                Attached Files
                DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Straightup getin after it. Nice work randy
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

awesome man! i love your car lol
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

If i were you i'd have the vf flapper put on the vj20 arm and port it out as big as the corksport one. Thats a real nice port job on the corksport piece.
                      "Who Dey"

Comment

i was gonna, but decided not to cut it up or bother with it in case i come across something it will work with. my local machinists is who ported both wg holes.

it think it should help.. we'll see, lol..
                        DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

bp26 cams in. clutch is crapping out so i cant really get on it. feels pretty good though. no issues, which is always good

this weekend im swapping turbine housings, putting in the FW and clutch (ACT KL V6 clutch kit.) and swapping out transmissions because my current gseries is one i built from two bad trannys after i blew up the f series trans.. it works fine but im gonna go with a different one. got some new seals and corksport braided clutch line.

check out the spare motor and fresh head waiting for build and 20 or so psi. the paint on the turbine housing is VHT flameproof paint, getting a cure in the pic lol. a couple friends have had some good results, figured what the hell..
                          Attached Files
                          DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

NIce stuff.
                            "Who Dey"

Comment

looking good dude! i remember cooking my stuff in the oven too haha
                              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I would have at least installed a six puck disc, sprung, but thats just me.

Where did you get the flywheel?

Comment

Working...
                                X