DeeAOne's BF KLDE Swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeeAOne's BF KLDE Swap.

The time has almost come for me to start so i went ahead and made my worklog thread!

Pages 1-47 - the KLDE swap/build
    Pages 56-88 - the KLZE swap
    88+ - the KLZE rebuild

what im using:

- klde from a 94 probe gt (guessing about 9x,xxx on the motor)
    - 93 626 engine harness
    - 93 626 maf, starter, and ecu
    - mx3 gs v6 shift linkage
    - mx3 gs v6 axles
    - 93 626 klde trans

the car.

stock manifolds and mounts. dont know if im going to use them yet or not. i want to get some headers, and a set of mounts from AWR.

i will keep this updated!
    Last edited by DeeAOne; 03-13-2011, 12:56 AM.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

thats gonna look way hot. nice car man. the probe guys are swapping to the mx3 ecu's not. one of the members awhile back dyno'd a few different ecu's, and the mx3 ecu did the best on the 2.5. just a thought.
    ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
    ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
    What are you driving?

Comment

sub'n. Good luck
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I will suggest, that you will want to play with radiators for space concerns.
        Mazda
        1988 Black 323 GT
        DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

no a/c no problem for him. motor looks sweet. keep the pics coming man
          91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Its not the AC that will get him, the left bank wont give him enough room for stock.
            Mazda
            1988 Black 323 GT
            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

well sadly i think ill have to get rid of my a/c. it looks to be an even tighter fit than the bg. i think i have no other choice but to tuck the radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
                Its not the AC that will get him, the left bank wont give him enough room for stock.
                can you explain what you mean??

Comment

The left side(head) of the V6 will sit very close to your core support. You may want to try looking for a Civic radiator. If not, try a test fit when your ready to swap.
                  Mazda
                  1988 Black 323 GT
                  DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

oh i see. i was thinking about a fluidyne half size civic rad but the price hurts my heart. lol

Comment

I have a civic half size aluminum rad and slim fan I'll be running. Its a 100 dollar egay 1. I'll be crossing my fingers and hoping it cools fine. If you do run 1 I'll be able to find out if it does

Originally posted by monoxidechild View Post
                      thats gonna look way hot. nice car man. the probe guys are swapping to the mx3 ecu's not. one of the members awhile back dyno'd a few different ecu's, and the mx3 ecu did the best on the 2.5. just a thought.
                      Just noticed what you said. I'll be running the mx3 ecu and vaf. What vaf did he run with the mx3 ecu?
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                        I have a civic half size aluminum rad and slim fan I'll be running. Its a 100 dollar egay 1. I'll be crossing my fingers and hoping it cools fine. If you do run 1 I'll be able to find out if it does
                        cool man. let me know. i thought about trying to use my stock rad because its only a few months old. but i just have a feeling it just wont flow as good even though its brand new.

Comment

Well I won't be doing my swap till next spring so I won't be able to let you know how it works lol.
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

oh haha. well i guess i might be the guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post

Just noticed what you said. I'll be running the mx3 ecu and vaf. What vaf did he run with the mx3 ecu?
                              he was also swapping through different vafs. the member is timsmx3 on the mx3 forums. his best combo after a few hours of swapping vafs, and ecu's was a normal KL american spec vaf, on a mx3 ecu. was a stock klg4 motor with a milly curved neck manifold swapped into a mx3 se.. just for reference.
                              ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                              ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                              What are you driving?

Comment

Working...
                              X