Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
    that looks good!
    Thanks. The back end of the car seems pretty tight. With the bigger sway rear sway bar, the c-pillar bar/brace and the rear strut tower bar, I can't complain. I'm not sure if the car is driving more neutral now or if I'm noticing a slight amount of over steer. I do like how responsive it is.

I just wish I could talk AZGTX to sell me back the front H-brace.... LOL.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140323_152704_846.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	364.4 KB
ID:	1238487
      The rear strut tower bar.....

Comment

Name:	IMG_20140323_152635_157.jpg
Size:	361.1 KB
ID:	1238488
        The C-pillar bar......

Comment

have a picture of that H brace??
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Geez Larry....tuggin on the heart strings there arncha. I would love to help you out but it is going into the current GTX project...with a little modification. I have GTX#1 under the knife at the moment...new motor and getting rid of the orange paint finally...back to black for the old girl.
            Clay

Comment

Name:	H-brace.jpg
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1238508

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                Geez Larry....tuggin on the heart strings there arncha. I would love to help you out but it is going into the current GTX project...with a little modification. I have GTX#1 under the knife at the moment...new motor and getting rid of the orange paint finally...back to black for the old girl.
                Clay
                LOL. Just thought that on the small chance that you weren't going to use it after all, that maybe I could be first in line to buy it from you, but if you ARE going to use it... ignore me.

BUT, if you change your mind.....

Actually, I thought I'd try to build my own. Wish me luck.

Comment

Hey Larry, May I ask where you got the C-pillar bar and Rear strut bar? I am looking to do some suspension stiffening on the wagon.
                  1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
                  Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
                  R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Comment

I think the C-pillar bar was for a Honda Civic hatchback, but I can't remember. Shiftyman may remember. He's the one who told me originally. The rear strut bar is partially custom. Nobody made the correct end pieces in order to bolt it up to the top of the strut towers so with the help of my neighbor, we made those. The bar was a cheapy off of ebay I think I just asked different sellers to measure the bars they were selling in order to figure out which one was the length I most likely needed.

Comment

My dyno run two years ago after I swapped in the VJ-11/14 hybrid turbo. I ran the test only at 11 lbs of boost at the time. Right now I'm running about 15 lbs of boost. I haven't dynoed it yet. I'm also doing a few more mods. Can't wait..... I want to crack the 200 WHP mark. :D

Dyno video of Larry's Mazda 323 at the CorkSport End of Summer Bash

Comment

I like how clean it is
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

So..... I just bought the "MSD Ignition 6421 - MSD 6AL-2 Ignition Box" as one of my bigger summer experimental mods. I'm hoping for a little improvement in HP and MPG... okay, I'm hoping for a lot.... who isn't? LOL.

Anyway, I am sure that i will need to get one of the tach adapters in order to make the stock tach work correctly. They make the #8910 and the #8920. I'm not sure which one I'm supposed to get. Does anybody know?

Comment

I had a problem with my MSD 6AL when I installed it. The car would start and then shut off. The MSD 8910 is needed for the 6AL to work in the BF 323.

Comment

Resurrection time...... so, I haven't done much to my GT because I've been busy focusing on work, family, and my health. I have had a little bit of a rough go with my health this school year, but I'm staying positive and looking forward to working on the car. Still have several mods on hold.... new aluminum radiator, water temp gauge, another H-brace thanks to azgtx, re-working parts of my intake and exhaust, installing my MSD box that I haven't gotten around to yet, and so on. Got the roof of my car painted last fall so now the car looks way better.

Comment

take care of yourself first!! cars come second

Comment

Working...
                                X