Fuel Pressure Regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Hey guys, its been a while since i have posted on here. I have run into a few issues with the pro, but i want to address this one specifically since it is costing me an arm and a leg. My car is dumping fuel like this guy drinks beer . Yesterday, i did the math, and im down to 5.5 mpg. My mods are a catback exhaust, 17" rims with Neogens, and a vacuum leak in my stock intake piping. I recall getting the dreaded p0170 code for my fuel pressure regulator, but it went away! since then, ive been getting less and less at the tank.

'nuff said, i went to autozone and pepboys. new fpr is 177 dollars! basically, i was wondering if anyone has tried any universal ones or if i should avoid any specific ones. Ive checked all the u-pull-its for a couple weeks now and checked in with the local yards with no luck. in fact, many people havent even seen the pro before.

I just hit a deer so the underside of my car needs some work. The bugger cracked my muffler, bent my rear sway, cracked my rear bumper (but not my front one ) and blew my new rear driver tire so im kinda in a pinch for cash. 200 for a fpr seems a little outta whack. Suggections?
    Last edited by Eric; 10-30-2009, 01:23 PM.

Do you have an AdvanceAutoParts anywhere near you? They have an OE style regulator for $75, part #23025. Not sure if it's a brand to avoid, but if all else fails i'd try it. Wish I could be of more help but that's all I got right now.

Comment

thanks you, that should, theoretically, work out ok. I do not understand why exactly it is 177 bucks. Ill take anything over having to gas up every 2 days. ill check this out tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
      X