Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Do you have a fast red Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a fast red Pro?

Hey, a buddy of mine just got his ass handed to him by a red turbo first gen. Anybody wanna chime in? He was driving an '04 STi, and it was on I-5 down Eugene way. Thanks guys!
    -'91 Festiva L
    -'91 Pro AWD New Project

That was me. I've pwned several STI's so tell him not to feel bad
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Drove all the way from North Carolina just to whoop an STi, eh?
      -'91 Festiva L
      -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

old member here from oregeon had a red pro

92_2_fast?

"Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by teqnyck View Post
          Drove all the way from North Carolina just to whoop an STi, eh?
          Lets just say it was worth the drive
          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
          |.....Overnight....................| ||
          |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
          |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
          "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
          Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

I doubt that's him since he's in Germany right now unless he's back right now. It might have been a family member driving the car.
            Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

I sold my car to somebody in Albany. That was December 08. But it wasn't turbo'd. If the car had black mirrors, tinted windows, except the drivers and back, fog lights in the grill, and some bad ass black rims, then it might have been mine. But even NA it was hella fast. I just picked up a new 323 gt with a lot of cool goodies to start a new awesome project.
              Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

NA, no way it would walk an STI. Even with a VJ20 it's questionable ... maybe if the STI was bone stock.

Comment

He could have turbo'd it, but judging by his expression when I explained everything done to the car, I don't think so. Has anyone seen my old car?

Comment

I raced an STI once but I'm not sure he knew we were racing
                    It was a second gear sprint and while my engine was spooling up, his sounded like he was waiting for Taco Bell.

Yea, he knew we were racing but I think he wasn't geared properly for the launch. He didn't expect me to not let him pass. He did follow to ask what I had under the hood though. It was funny cause he was excited.
                    1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
                    1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
                    2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
                    1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

There's a guy that I saw at Corksport a few times, that I don't think is on the forum, with a decently fast red first gen. Might have been him?

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                      1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                      1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                      1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                      1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Never ran my pro vs an STI on the streets. given a couple a good run at the hillsboro rally-x's (they dont make 17" rally tires), and even beat the odd evo or two (noob drivers)
                        sigpic Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Comment

That was me...

Comment

Working...
                          X