Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Oregon Raceway Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregon Raceway Park

Well I just got off the phone with one of the owners of ORP, he gave me the run down on how to get on their track. Before you can come run at ORP, you HAVE to be signed off by an instructor from Cascade Sports Car Club, Team Continental, or one of the other clubs who has an accredited instructor on hand to do laps with you. Once you've got that, you need to show up to one of the STAR Projects events and have one of their instructors ride with you for the day. Once THAT instructor signs off on you, you can come to any lapping day they are having and run by yourself.

Whew!! That's a lot of work! He said they do it that way because the track is so technical and they allow passing in the corners. That track looks worth it though, people say being on it once ruins PIR for you. Here's what it looks like: http://www.oregonraceway.com/images/orp_track_map.jpg

Thought this bit of information would help someone else out who's looking to do some hot lapping next year! Along with CSCC and Team Continental, I've become a member of Audis of North America. AudisNW holds 4 or 5 events every year and you get mondo track time with them. And no, you don't need and Audi to be a member.
    -'91 Festiva L
    -'91 Pro AWD New Project

ROFL @ The Pucker Factor

Only a 5.5 hour drive for me, I'd be willing to do it, sounds easy to get an all access pass to be solo on the course, if you know how to drive anyway.

How much does it cost though?
    -Dennis
    95 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 - 191k miles

I'll be back in the BG game eventually!

Comment

3,500 for a weekday (mon-thur) and 6,000 for a weekend day (fri-sun)
      -Dennis

Comment

^^^That's to rent the whole track.

STAR lapping days are 195, but it's an additional 100 for the instructor if it's your first time. So it's a little bit of dough to get on it, but once you're on it, they figure next year will have 2 events a month every month from March until rain again. That's a LOT of track time. And cost is really not much more than PIR. I'm pre-registered for an event thats 225, most range from 140 to 270 that I've seen.

OH! And here's the best part, they do 25 minute sessions with a minimum of four sessions per day! These people want your tires bald, your brakes shot, or your arms falling off before they send you home.
        -'91 Festiva L
        -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

At least an hour of racing? I live for that! Hopefully I get reemployed soon, so I can beat the crap out of my car on the track.
          -Dennis

Comment

i bet the Alpha guys will be in that mix aswell.... bunch of old men with more money than body hair
            1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
            Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
            "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

^^^ Alpha guys?? Wat?
              -'91 Festiva L
              -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

Hah... that's cheap man. I'm in once the get the GTX running. Think they'll count Rally coefficients and sign me off?

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Alpha Romeo club..

*cough* navi *cough*

1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                  "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Hey man... NASA and RA don't distinguish between driver an co... so you shush!

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                    1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                    1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                    1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                    1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Originally posted by worldhazard View Post
                      Alpha Romeo club..

*cough* navi *cough*

Oh ****, it's Alfa, not Alpha. You had me going for a second there.

808, it couldn't hurt to ask. I can PM you the owners email if you want, he'll just give you a straight yes or no.
                      -'91 Festiva L
                      -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

ya.. i know that .. i just speel it like that cuz they be the $hizn!t... *sigh* old men w/ lotsa money...

Comment

^^^ LOL! I don't really know what to say to that, except you're not allowed around my Alfa buddies.
                          -'91 Festiva L
                          -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

dude.. have u done any of their TSD's... lol.. they're kinda fun..

[edit]

enough bashing... i guess...

Comment

Working...
                            X