MX3 wiring diagrams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX3 wiring diagrams

With ACS we'd like to expand our product line to capture some of the other Mazda power plants and offer Megasquirt PNP units.

In order to do this, I need wiring schematics.

I know the MX3 came with the SOHC B6, DOHC B6 and DOHC 1.8l V6.

I'd like wiring diagrams for these engines or better yet the entire FSM and possible year to year changes. I know the 96 was a strange year so the focus will likely be for years 95 and below.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

i have some of the FSM stuff i can send you, im also willing to *ahem* test the V6 variant when its done
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
      i have some of the FSM stuff i can send you, im also willing to *ahem* test the V6 variant when its done
      Sounds good, do you have my e-mail?

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
        Sounds good, do you have my e-mail?
        im sure if i dig for it i have it.

EDIT i also seem to have a draft message i was going to send you about the BP MSPnP but forgot about. you have some info coming to you tonight
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

Excellent - thanks

Comment

Hey alex I can get you any wiring diagrams you need from work..

Comment

So Alex, do you think this PNP for the v6 will be in production by summer/fall area?
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Hey alex I can get you any wiring diagrams you need from work..
                That sounds great. I will have to organize a list of cars and send it to you. Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                So Alex, do you think this PNP for the v6 will be in production by summer/fall area?
                No promises yet - but hoping so yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post

No promises yet - but hoping so yes.

Also mx-3.com has pdf of the mx3 fsm.
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Wiring Diagrams... somewhere in there!

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
                    Member of MX-3.com
                    1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
                    1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

yeah i cant find my PDF i though for it was on my backup drive, oh well email inbound
                      -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Excellent Jon - just what I was looking for!

Comment

The b6 in the mx3 and the bp in a protege have the same wireing at the ecu. only differance is the addition of the vics pin i think it was pin 2S. I just did a b6 to bp swap useing the bp09 ecu had to run one wire for the vics thats it. I have a 1993.

So any b6 single cam car has the same wireing as the plug and play you offer already.
                          sigpic
                          1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Black 300hp 330tq Mustang dyno, vf-10/vj-20 hybrid 26psi, Megasquirt Tuned on e85
                          1/8 mile 8.50@89 2.3 60' Parted out and missed!

1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Blue Bp turboed VJ-20 16psi, Custom vj-20 inlet pipe, Custom 2.5 front mount intercooler, Custom 2.5 downpipe to 3inch outlet side exit exhaust, Rx-7 460cc injectors, Tuned on E-85 with Ems Pro, Corksport front / Rear strut tower brace and H&R lowering springs.
                          1\8 mile 8.81@82.66 still at 2.1 60'. Parted out

2004 Volkswagon Jetta Gli 1.8t Eurojet fmic,3inch downpipe to 2.5 cat back,apr stage 2 software, cold air intake and turbo inlet pipe and St coilovers slammed to the ground.
                          Sold and missed!

2012 Volkswagon Jetta S 2.0 8v Custom Cold Air intake, Raceland Coilovers, BFI Torque Mount Insert, Audi S4 Wheels, low and slow.
                          Daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by BlackMazdaMx-3 View Post
                            The b6 in the mx3 and the bp in a protege have the same wireing at the ecu. only differance is the addition of the vics pin i think it was pin 2S. I just did a b6 to bp swap useing the bp09 ecu had to run one wire for the vics thats it. I have a 1993.

So any b6 single cam car has the same wireing as the plug and play you offer already.
                            Great to know. Was it only 96 that the DOHC B6 was offered in?

Comment

As far as i know the 92-93 has b6 sohc and 94-96 had b6 dohc.
                              94 is the only one im not sure on.

I know 95-96 had b6 dohc, The b6 dohc also uses the same style afm as the v6.
                              sigpic
                              1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Black 300hp 330tq Mustang dyno, vf-10/vj-20 hybrid 26psi, Megasquirt Tuned on e85
                              1/8 mile 8.50@89 2.3 60' Parted out and missed!

1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Blue Bp turboed VJ-20 16psi, Custom vj-20 inlet pipe, Custom 2.5 front mount intercooler, Custom 2.5 downpipe to 3inch outlet side exit exhaust, Rx-7 460cc injectors, Tuned on E-85 with Ems Pro, Corksport front / Rear strut tower brace and H&R lowering springs.
                              1\8 mile 8.81@82.66 still at 2.1 60'. Parted out

2004 Volkswagon Jetta Gli 1.8t Eurojet fmic,3inch downpipe to 2.5 cat back,apr stage 2 software, cold air intake and turbo inlet pipe and St coilovers slammed to the ground.
                              Sold and missed!

2012 Volkswagon Jetta S 2.0 8v Custom Cold Air intake, Raceland Coilovers, BFI Torque Mount Insert, Audi S4 Wheels, low and slow.
                              Daily driver

Comment

Working...
                              X