rallycross GTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trailrider098 View Post
    check the miata forums, u can find stock 1.6l LDS's for the miata that are a direct bolt-in for the gtx. remember u would need the axle stubs also
    yeah I knew that! but it's a VLSD right? I read on the 323 performance forum that it need to heat up before getting real limited slip? and that a clutch type is better....
    Suzuki SX4 AWD 6MT 2010 : Daily driver
    Mazda 323 GTX 1988 : Rally Car
    www.ahurateam.com

Comment

how do you like the hot bits? I am justing trying to source suspension for my gtx before i rebuild it.

your gtx looks exactly like mine before i wrecked it! good job i love your car.

Comment

I've heard mixed results about hot bits in the rally world... I'm going with something a little more custom.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
        1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
        1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
        1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
        1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

I like them! but I only do rallycross... I heard they only last one season in big performance rally.... but they are cheap to rebuild.... 100$ a corner... so for my need, i like them alot! but if you want to go for the big rallies, go with custom DMS or something like it! here in Quebec, there is a lot of people running hotbits in regional rallies with no problems!
          www.ahurateam.com

Comment

Me likey
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

They did make clutch-type LSD's. I've got one now, took awhile to find anybody selling one.

You can get them new still, at least I think so as they're still listed, through MMS, but they're still over a grand.

--sarge

Comment

I thought MMS had the b6t lsd for like $900.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

what wall thickness of metal did you use to repair the framerail/unibody rail?
                  i have my gtx all apart and i have to repair a part of the rail.
                  5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

How did you remove the asphalt sound deadening on the floor pan? I, also, have mine apart for some of the same rust repairs you just did.

Thanks,

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Martin View Post
                      How did you remove the asphalt sound deadening on the floor pan? I, also, have mine apart for some of the same rust repairs you just did.

Thanks,

Bob
                      i use dry ice, i break it down till most of it is dust, or small balls and spread it over the sound deteonating mat. and let it sit for a while or untill it melts then the stuff breaks off pretty easy.
                      also i got the gas tank + the other parts on mon and today i pick up my rear subframe and front crossmember from the blaster, tom i will be epoxying them.
                      bob take a look at this, i dont think i posted a update on the yahoo forums.
                      Last edited by ryan1; 12-15-2009, 07:15 PM.
                      5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Originally posted by ryan1 View Post
                        what wall thickness of metal did you use to repair the framerail/unibody rail?
                        i have my gtx all apart and i have to repair a part of the rail.
                        16 gauge I think....

it's not as thick as I thought.... just for you to know, there is another part like the exterior rail inside the rail.... so, don't cut with you big grinder....

and yeah, for the asphalt thing, use dry ice available at your welding gas supplier!
                        Last edited by anduril; 12-16-2009, 05:59 PM.
                        www.ahurateam.com

Comment

Originally posted by anduril View Post
                          16 gauge I think....

it's not as thick as I thought.... just for you to know, there is another part like the exterior rail inside the rail.... so, don't cut with you big grinder....

and yeah, for the asphalt thing, use dry ice available at your welding gas supplier!
                          o.k. so your saying that there is a smaller rail inside the outer rail? and possably only the outer is rotted,so i would only need to cut that out?

tom. i was going to start on the rail but i might have alot of running around to do, also i thought about just getting boxed tubing and cutting the top off to make a channel and welding that inplace, or just sliding a smaller boxed tubing inside the oem rail and welding it it, these were just some thoughts i had, once i start cutting i will get a better idea on what to do, i have never repaired a unibody rail so we will se how it goes.
                          5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Originally posted by ryan1 View Post
                            o.k. so your saying that there is a smaller rail inside the outer rail? and possably only the outer is rotted,so i would only need to cut that out?
                            in the front of the rail, yes... i don't know for the rear part....
                            www.ahurateam.com

Comment

If you go to Mazda MotorSports, there is, in the public area, a 323 Collision Guide. This guide shows a rocker inner and a rocker outer, no third rail. However, having worked in the auto industry, I know that the inner usually get a bunch of reinforcement plates welded to it before it is nested to the rocker outer, such as at the jack point and at the seat belt attachment point. If you cut out the spot welds on you rocker outers, you cna remove it, sand blast it, patch it, reinforce it then reweld it back on. Unfortunetly, you cannot do the same, easily, with the quarter panel.

Bob

Comment

update!

I've just installed a battery relocation kit wich is now in the trunk!
                                installed a FIA battery kill switch
                                new carbon fiber switch panel
                                new roll up windows

www.ahurateam.com

Comment

Working...
                                X