Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4WD Shifter Cable BRASS Bushings (transmission end)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes there are 2 really informative threads on fordlaser.com

idk if you saw these threads, but it might be a good idea to get the pieces.

the first thread has the mazda part # for the blue bushings.

the second thread has great pictures/ford part numbers.

go grab those bits if you haven't already.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

You could make your own like I did. It's really cheap that way, and it's brass.
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

post a picture of it please
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I made a thread about it. Here is a link. There is another one in my signature.
          Last edited by me109; 01-27-2011, 11:51 PM.
          1990 Protege 4WD
          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
          ├┼┤
          2 4 R

Comment

Good info! I cant wait to have a nice and tight shifter

Comment

Any updates? I made a set of the ones on the shifter that where bad on mine. I'm not afraid to make some outta metal.

Used a drill as a lathe.
              need help with my gtx
              http://. please check out my welcomi...ad.php?t=52356

looking for info on the 626 master cylinder upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by me109 View Post
                You could make your own like I did. It's really cheap that way, and it's brass.
                More info please
                need help with my gtx

Comment

Follow the link posted. If you want more information than that, ask a specific question in that thread. This one is about the cable bushings.
                  1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                  ├┼┤
                  2 4 R

Comment

any updates? i read th ewhole thread and looks like two people got the bushings?
                    need help with my gtx

Comment

Which bushings? THIS thread is supposed to be about the availability of new TRANSMISSION END bushings, NOT shifter end bushings. Those few posts regarding the shifter end are sort of a threadjack, but at least it keeps the info in kind of the same place...

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRauksauff View Post
                        Those few posts regarding the shifter end are sort of a threadjack
                        Yeah... sorry about that.
                        1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                        ├┼┤
                        2 4 R

Comment

heh, no problem, it IS ancillary, although tangential, and it's a good link, and something I plan on doing myself.

Of course, i'm not really sure if the ST-205 setup will actually need new bushings, and I won't find out until it's all installed, which is gonna be a ways out...

--sarge

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRauksauff View Post
                            Which bushings? THIS thread is supposed to be about the availability of new TRANSMISSION END bushings, NOT shifter end bushings. Those few posts regarding the shifter end are sort of a threadjack, but at least it keeps the info in kind of the same place...
                            I Was asking for a update from those who ordered.
                            need help with my gtx

Comment

What update? I got them and they're good. I'm satisfied.
                              1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                              ├┼┤
                              2 4 R

Comment

Originally posted by me109 View Post
                                What update? I got them and they're good. I'm satisfied.
                                OK ya sorry I will just order and quit bothering you. I asked about an update because I saw That some posts mentioned slow orders and no email replies. So That the update I was asking about.
                                need help with my gtx

Comment

Working...
                                X