This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheres the OBDII port located?

hey guys i need some help on locating the port for the protege. shes got an engine light on
    03 CC LB Nissan Frontier, bunch of mods
    99 Mazda Protege (Girlfriends) bone stock

Most ODBII ports are located next to the steering column under the dash. Not sure exactly where on a 99 Protege, but just bend over and you should be able to see it.

Comment

Location of OBDII Port on my Car

Photos of OBDII port (looking up at it) and access point. Port is located under instrument panel almost directly between the change holder on left and the panel seam on right, to the left of the steering column. Slide your hand under panel there and you'll feel it.

Happy Motoring!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by goldstar; 01-19-2010, 03:10 PM.
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

awesome thanks guys!! im hopin its something simple, when she bought it the dealers said they couldnt find anything worng with it and couldnt get the light to shut off, im like hmmm. i just dont think they want to fixit lol. ill keep you guys posted! sorry im not on here much but i tend to chill at CF lol
        03 CC LB Nissan Frontier, bunch of mods
        99 Mazda Protege (Girlfriends) bone stock

Comment

I got a 98 bj323, however I can find the obd under the panel, and someone said the early bj323 does not have obd2, only diagnostic port under hood. Is that truth?
          Thanks for answer

Comment

Originally posted by tch28 View Post
            I got a 98 bj323, however I can find the obd under the panel, and someone said the early bj323 does not have obd2, only diagnostic port under hood. Is that truth?
            Thanks for answer
            If you don't see the OBD II port than you most likely have OBD I, bridge the port under the hood and get your code! If I knew which ones you were to bridge I'll tell you but alas I do not. Best lookup how to do that sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
            X