Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My GT..With Many Pics! Old Timer Checking In.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if its just the gunmetal letters i say yay
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Was trying to catch up with what was done but I noticed that majority of the pictures from your previous pages are missing.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't like that white background. Clear would be much better. Apart from that, I don't see any issues with it.
        '87 Mazda 323 SL - daily driver, backup show car (being restored as I get time)
        '82 BMW 518i (E12/8) with 32/34 Weber and Simota cone - old show car (stolen)
        '70 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project to replace 518i - sold
        '99 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project

Comment

I'm going to go back and fix the issues with the pictures.

The decal is clear with only the gun metal letters and its on the car...looks great. Pics coming.

Comment

Ok all pictures fixed!

Comment

[emoji106]
              Last edited by mazkam; 01-21-2017, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Love the progress Yasin. I haven't visited this thread in a while so I had tobring myself up to speed from October 11, 2016 update.

Last edited by mazkam; 01-21-2017, 10:10 AM. Reason: Incorrect wording.

Comment

Originally posted by slownrusty View Post
                  My GT now has 248,255 miles - October 11th 2016

October has been Mazda month at the Slow N Rusty garage.

On my GT the following were done:
                  1) Install brand new rear left and right hubs (fortunately still available from Mazda).
                  2) Install new Timken inner and outer bearings front and rear (left and right). The fronts had never been replaced and so 28 years old!
                  3) Install new front and rear brake rotors and pads, I didn't really need to, but as I had to separate them from the hubs I went ahead and did it.
                  4) Install new front strut tops (left and right).
                  5) Install new lower lip below the GTAe front bumper
                  6) Oil change
                  7) Replace the rear blown Tokico struts with new KYBs for the coilovers

A few token pics.

Happy motoring friends and be safe.
                  What's the ride comparison between the now KYB rear struts and the previous Tokico rear struts?

Comment

I would say that the KYB is nearly identical to the Tokico on the street, which is a 100% of where the car spends its time.

Comment

Yay only if the decal background isn't white

'88 GT
                      '88 GTX
                      '85 Toyota Cressida 5-Speed
                      '88 323 GT
                      '88 323 GTX

Comment

Well the past few weekends have been very busy working on this car...running through the list in my head:

1) Replaced a leaking crank seal (29 years old)

2) Replaced the right CV axle output shaft seal (29 years old)

3) Installed a new water pump

4) Installed a new timing belt, Mazda OEM tensioners and all accessory belts

5) Replaced a bunch of brittle rubber hoses with silicone ones

6) New plugs (NGK BCPR7ES)

7) New NGK wires

8) New Distributor cap and rotor

9) New valve cover gasket including the rubber grommets

10) Powder coated the valve cover which was flaking and peeling after 30 years with a new wrinkle red finish

11) Made a new bracket out of aluminum to support the throttle cable (on top of the valve cover) - took two tries before I got it right

12) Power washed the bottom of the car to clean off the leaking oil from the crank seal and axle output shaft seal

Gratuitous picture:

Comment

soooo clean!!!
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Job well done.

Comment

Finally got around to taking some pictures with the decal, I decided to go to the front door rather than than rear.

Comment

Looking good.
                                '87 Mazda 323 SL - daily driver, backup show car (being restored as I get time)
                                '82 BMW 518i (E12/8) with 32/34 Weber and Simota cone - old show car (stolen)
                                '70 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project to replace 518i - sold
                                '99 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project

Comment

Working...
                                X