Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda Protege 2001 LX

Day 1 on 2/28/10

Me and my dad removed the cat. converter, 5 bolt gasket was not included with the new cat. converter we ordered.

Day 2 on 3/1/10

Me and my dad realized that we didn't have access to the transmission mount support bolts. To gain access we removed the front clip of the car and removed the transmission mount.

Day 3: Today 3/2/10

We began mounting the new transmission mount, support bolts connected and all then once we started to put the front clip on.....the bolts would catch on the thread. We spent at least 2 hours on getting the bolts to catch. We finally got the bolts to catch....after much frustration. And we then attached the engine mount bolt threw the grommet on the transmission mount. Transmission mount job. Doneskees.

To be done tomorrow:
    Mounting cat. converter
    Replacing tire rods

3/3/10

Me and my dad remounted the cat. converter. And replaced the tire rods.

And for some reason....me and my dad didn't take into account that when we lifted the front clip it disengaged the whole front end, including the steering. Me and him knew what would happen. But we just totally didn't even think about the steering for some reason. I mean....me and him even talked about how the steering would disconnect.

But when me and him started it for a test drive and steering didn't work, we were like "....oh, sh*t that's right, we disengaged it." We had an ultimate brain fart.

So tomorrow me and him will be reattaching the steering and getting new tires installed tomorrow at discount tires.

Comment

3/4/10

My dad and our neighbor reattached the steering back to the car. The beast is now drivable!!!

3/5/10

Dad went and got new tires on the car, and now i'm extremely happy about having my car. I spent a lot of time on this, and i'm glad it finally paid off....now, aftermarket work on it

Comment

Good job!

next time try and make a checklist of what came out/ undone so you remember to hook everything up

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaNoob View Post
          Good job!

next time try and make a checklist of what came out/ undone so you remember to hook everything up
          Haha, i'll make sure i try and use that idea next time i do work like this. I'll most likely be putting new intake on my car, then maybe exhaust.

Oh and i also want to put some sort of body kit on my car, nothing obnoxious though. I want my car to make the statement of, subtle yet sexy.

Comment

for subtle you could go with an mp3 or 03 msp kit. The 03.5 msp kits are no longer made, i have yet to see any other kit look good on the protege

Comment

Pics bro pics...?!

Comment

So now that's my old account. This is my new account. Agh, that old picture of me and my ex is terrible. The car is currently decommissioned again. Something's wrong with the transmission, having to replace it as well as the clutch. Getting ready to swap the transmission for what I can find at a junk yard. What would y'all suggest for a possible upgraded transmission swap? Mp3 transmission, Mazadspeed Protege transmission, or what else? I'm all ears

Comment

Working...
                X