This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the ECU in and plugged in
    Got the bolts for the drive shaft and got it all bolted up, but not torqued.
    Got the power steering pump swapped out and is all ready to hook up.
    Got the brake reservoir tank installed again and ready to go.
    Got speedometer cable swapped out for the right one.
    Looked at the rear brake rotors, even beat on them with a BFH. I don't know how I'm going to get those things off for the new rotors.
    install new brake calipers as soon as I can get those rotors swapped out

clean all those banjo fittings for the brakes and the power steering.
    hook up wiring harness to engine and get all that hooked up.
    get other cluster in dash and hooked up.
    install new Walbro pump and get that out of the way
    steel wool front axle splines and install axles

Source all fluids
    Last edited by 1st Gen; 04-22-2011, 04:34 PM.
    1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
    1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
    2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
    1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

wow busy! haha very nice. do the rear rotors have the mounting screws?
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I was going to ask the same thing about the screws. I know mine had them and they were a b!tch to get off...
        Lookin' to boost my BP. Any help at all on this subject would be benificial to my success.

Comment

I looked for mounting screws but didn't see any. I'll take a closer look when I get a chance. I did some reading about how to get rusted disks off so have an idea of what I'm going to try next, but I am puzzled about not seeing any type of retaining screw.

I think I'm going to run over to CS and see if they still have any of those brake lines for sale. At least two lines have been sitting not hooked up for over a year so they're probably pretty corroded. It just seems like a nice compliment to the new rotors and calipers that will be going on. I'm going to see if my WTB thread shakes anything loose first.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this car run.

If the mounting screws are there it's drill time.

Otherwise some liquid wrench and even heat will help loosen the rotors.

Comment

impact driver sir. works wonders on them
              -Jack

Comment

Well, till our son's FAFSA get's processed, I'm out of money. It was their darn fault too.

There's a lot I can do with what I already have so I'm going to keep working. This may be a good thing if it causes me to be more deliberate about my purchases.

Comment

i meant to get in touch w/ ya, but you did get the package right?
                  1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                  Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                  "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Oh yea, but I ended up going with all new. Most, if not all the calipers were ceased. I feel better going new anyway.
                    In any case, thanks for your help there.

Comment

when you get this thing running you me and Bent should meet up.

Comment

Got the rear disks off.
                        A little heat and a little patience and the hammer took care of the rest. I have to admit I'm a little surprised at how well it worked. No retaining screws either. I started by heating the outer part of the disk so as to not over heat the bearing in the hub.

I'm going to see about sourcing some brake lines tomorrow, and then I'll need some fluids too but that all that stopping me from getting the wheels back on. Get the brakes on and the axles back in and I can push it it in the garage. (no small chore towing it from the back yard then pushing it up my driveway) Then it can rain a flood and it won't affect my work progress.
                        Last edited by 1st Gen; 09-21-2010, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Okay, just got off the phone with CorkSport and I guess I can't even get rear brake lines for this car. Costless can get brake lines but I have to order them and they won't be the upgrades. I'm off to get those coming in.

So much for the braided lines.

Comment

how about tire rack? What do the rear lines look like? they can't be too different?
                            -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                            VF10 powered!
                            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                              how about tire rack? What do the rear lines look like? they can't be too different?
                              This looks like a good resource. They carry the lines too. Thanks.
                              The Tire Rack

The Brake Thread

Comment

sweet glad you found what you were lookin for!

are you doing any of the hard lines too? i find the cleanest way to install is to buy the long straight pieces for the center of the car, then use a roll to make all the bends, i could clip the new brake line into the oem clips that way!
                                -Jack

Comment

Working...
                                X