Car Shakes when in D or R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Shakes when in D or R

I have a 1994 protege sedan dx. automatic. When I put it in Drive or Reverse it shakes pretty bad but as soon as I tap the gas a little bit and get the RPMs up it stops shaking. (sounds fine in Park and Neutral) This happened in the last few days after I did a little tune up. NGK wire set, NGK G-Power platinum plugs, YEC distributor, YEC rotor, Fram PCV valve, cleaned up battery terminals. Everything is on tight and the I put the wires on in 1,2,4,3 order, going clockwise. Any help greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by lordroba; 04-05-2010, 02:48 PM.

1st, wrong section. Moved for you.

How are your motor mounts?
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

the mounts are fine. I've noticed yesterday that after I drove for a while the car would no longer shake at stop lights. It seems to get better once the engine warms up. I also get a gasoline odor coming from the car once I park it. (no drips on the driveway). Maybe a bad O2 sensor?

Comment

check for vacuum leaks.?.?. Most autos have a high idle function in P and N to help engine warmup.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
        X