No announcement yet.

newb buying a gtx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its sad to say but im trying to figure out what size the bolt pattern is on the gtx so i can pull the wheels off it for another car that has 4x100. I tried and know its not 4x100. I was thinking maybe 4x113 but I was reading its the same as the focus which is a super rare size like 4x150 or something... I dont know does anyone know?

Comment

Its definitely 4x114.3

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
      1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
      1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
      1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
      1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

so a 4x100 to 4x113 adapter wont work then, unless that adapter is actually 4x114.3. Thanks

Comment

I've never seen 4x113. The adapter is almost certainly 114.3 or as american cars list it.. 4x4.5

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
          1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
          1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
          1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
          1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

oh well maybe thats it then. thanks a bunch!

Comment

A few questions. Work on the gtx has continued again after looking at another one to possibly buy and just swap my stuff over. Here are the questions...

where does this connector go to

Where do these connectors go to?

should we be getting 12 v on both connectors into the coil pack?

I dont know why this thing isn't getting spark. And the one connector that plugs in underneath the fuse box only has one wire going to it is that right? Also is there supposed to be one open fuse? not being used?

Has anyone made a more useful diagram of the connectors or wiring at all? cause the manual I have with the wiring diagram seems pretty worthless.
              Thank you so much for any help. I think were pretty close I at least heard the fuel pump go on and the starter works so thats more than I have heard in months and its awesome. haha so lame but awesome.
              Last edited by g3mccotter; 03-29-2011, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Where would I find a gtx tranny for sale? If i were to sell one of mine what could I get. They seem to be hard to find and I have a desperate buyer

Comment

^ post a WTB for the transmission
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

got the old gtx running. after many months of nothing she is back alive thanks to the help of a fellow gtx owner here in colorado. I am now looking for motor mounts as mine fell apart when I pulled the motor before. I technically only need the front tranny one and possibly the tiny driver side one. But I would really like to just find somewhere I could buy all 4 poly mounts. Anyone know? Here is a little phone video no downpipe on it yet

Comment

you might be able to fill your current mounts if they are semi salvageable
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Mazda Motorsports has / had the competition mounts in stock. IIRC, they use a higher durometer material.

Comment

Yea I found my last mount in the pile of parts that were in the back. I might fill them with some 80a durameter sometime later I just want to get it on the road.

Comment

Working...
                          X