Jeffs MSP GTR Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That dyno graph was all over the place.
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

as for the updates, im building the engine stand right now. first i will get the engine running with no clutch/trans attached. then I will add wheel assemblies to either side of the stand and attach clutch/trans and have the engine dyno tuned before it goes in the car using the wheel dynos that attach to the wheel assemblies.

lots and lots and lots of dirt grime grease, welding wire, soot, and generic dirt everywhere from cutting up and welding everything together. just finishing the mounts now. using stock msp mounts polyfilled that attached to arms coming off the stand.

here is me getting ready to mock up engine to stand to make final assembly of arms. after everything is finished this week I am going to disasseble then paint black.

sooo much **** to do lol the cool part is everything will be held together with nuts and bolts so when i am finished with it I can just unbolt everything and store away somewhere safe like in the rafters of a garage for the next time I wanna build a bp or fs very handy

Last edited by vtec-this; 05-31-2010, 04:28 PM.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
      2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
      Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

ENGINE DYNO!! good call
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Almost ready..running out of time going to have to give back my chevrolet daily driver soon..

The exhaust outlet flange of the Saab turbo is fantastic for easily making a 3" downpipe. I also ported the internal wastegate area. It should have no problem controlling boost and will flow very well. I was able to increase flow area by ~%15 while still leaving decent thickness in the walls of the housing. The setup appears as it will flow very well since it doesnt have the immediate 90 off the turbo. also as you can see i put a 80s carbed 323 transmission mount to good use supporting one side of the engine on the stand.

Still need to hide the majority of the MSP harness. Going to look weird having 2 wiring harnesses over top of each other, 2 fuse boxes etc but I will do my best to clean everything up so it looks nice.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)

Comment

Looking great Jeff - can't wait to see this running!

(We really need to get a sticker for the PNP MS units, now everyone thinks Innovate builds them )

Comment

RX7 460cc injectors should work well with the .48 saab turbo

Comment

Coming along nicely. Are you gonna run the bp harness for the engine and the msp harness for the body? Just wondering how your going to run both.
                Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                "Who Dey"

Comment

yes bp harness on the engine, msp harness for fuel pump and everything else. Got rid of the A/C. only thing i havent had time to figure out is getting the stock tach to work, but its not a deal breaker for me.

Comment

this is a tasty build! imo the 3rd gen pro is way sexier than the 1st, but doesnt have sh!t on the 1st gen powertrain. great stuff.
                    DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Can't wait to see the outcome on this build

Comment

This is genius. I want one.

I can't wait to see it finished.
                        My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

still need to upload alot of pics but here are some of the clutch and the ITBS.

this setup was sort of a prototype for the manifold I will build for the mk2 head on the gtr, so i didnt spend any time cleaning up my ugly ass arc welds on the exterior. its purely function > form.

some specs on the itbs

11 inch total manifold height
                          8.5 inch running length
                          1 7/8 inch ID runners 2inch OD
                          suzuki gsrx 750cc throttle bodies
                          plenum has center entrance. due to size of plenum the entrace goes from 2.5 to 2.25 inch to fit (my ic plumbing is 2.5 inch)
                          plenum volume is 1.6 liters (15.5 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches)

the runners slide perfectly into the top of the throttle bodies making a great fit between the plenum and the TBs. the connection between the lower side of the throttle bodies and the intake flange is connected with 2 inch silicone couplings and T bolt clamps, so taking the manifold off is a 5 minute job.

Comment

Talking about the best best best and the best...

That custom manifold tubular the best is not the best, is ghetto OBX!

And the best of the best manifold, custom manifold the best, THAT is NOT the best, in fact add it to the ghetto list...

Sorry pal, but time for a reality check!

Comment

Originally posted by psiturbo View Post

And the best of the best manifold, custom manifold the best, THAT is NOT the best, in fact add it to the ghetto list...

Sorry pal, but time for a reality check!
                              you were not saying such things when you were trying to sell one

"Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

I think you need to read the post again..

Basically a GTR bottom(strongest BP bottom), mk2 VVT miata head (best flowing BP head) with a strong Toyota transmission. So really it the best of the mazda b series plus everything else I can get my hands on / fabricate.
                                the best head
                                the best bottom
                                the best of everything else i can get my hands on or fabricate.

this setup will be more than enough for a fwd car.
                                as for looks I could care less if you dont like the look of my test manifold lol if you read the post it clearly states that this is a prototype manifold so i didnt bother grinding the welds..other than that I dont see anything wrong with the manifold.

just cause i didnt pay someone for a manifold doesnt mean its ghetto. id bet it outperforms whatever you are running and then some.

time for your reality check lol
                                Last edited by vtec-this; 09-01-2010, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X