Parts interchange database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monoxidechild View Post
    the 03-08 mazda6 had three different sized brake set ups. you might want to be a bit more specific. lol
    anyone got anymore info on this?

Comment

the 03-05's were the smallest. and will fit under a 15in wheel. the 06+ are like an inch larger then the 03-05's. and need a 16in wheel to clear. and the mazdaspeed6's have the largest set up at 12.6 or 12.8in. and need a 17in wheel to clear.
      ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
      ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
      What are you driving?

Comment

Originally posted by maz323gtx View Post
        I've been told the shocks are from a late ‘80s to mid ‘90s 626.

I also have a set of GTR struts (no inserts), springs, and top hats.

You can use BF GTX struts on a GTR by having a machine shop move the bottom mounts a little further apart, and adjust the mounting hole spacing. It's just that the GTR strut mounting arm on the upright is a little wider.

I can also send some other conversion documents if you give me an email address.

Jim
        Rear struts from the 626 series mentioned do fit. The front ones do not.

Anyone know of a crossover to the front struts?

Kelvin

Comment

Anyone know if the front axles off of a 91 Protege' GT 4wd will fit on my 93 Familia GTR?

And what about the front struts? Are they interchangeable as well?

Kelvin
          Last edited by Brewmaster; 11-18-2011, 04:23 PM. Reason: forgot 4wd

Comment

First of all which is it? Protege GT? or an AWD Protege? Because we never got a GT AWD in North America lol or to my knowledge.

As for the 323 GTR I believe the axles would be different, but idk if this is the best section to be posting in. Try in 1990-1994 BG Drivetrain section.

edit: found this information in this thread

Originally posted by jay View Post
            GTR halfshafts are the same as BG. My 4wd protege shafts talk to the gtr hubs, front and rear. They indeed are different from the bf stuff though.
            so that means the left axle is AWD/4WD/FWD specific but the halfshaft/intermidate shafts are the same.
            Last edited by Mazda_Powered; 11-19-2011, 02:03 PM.
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Actually, if I'm remembering right and on the fwd cars the intermediate shaft is on the right, then it's the LF shafts that are the same. But it's been too long since I've taken a peek at a frontdrive prot...
              '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
              '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Anybody got a part number for front brake pads?

Kelvin

It's a 94 Familia GTR.
                Last edited by Brewmaster; 12-20-2011, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Front brake pad woes

Originally posted by Brewmaster View Post
                  Anybody got a part number for front brake pads?

Kelvin

It's a 94 Familia GTR.
                  After a day of searching I am no closer to finding front brake pads in North America. I do, however have European part numbers. If anyone knows of a way to cross reference these with a North American database please feel free to do so! As far as I know, these pads were made exclusively for Mazda for the GT-R model of the Familia/323. I cannot find them as a fitment for any other vehicle. This flies in the face of what I would expect from Mazda or any other mass auto manufacturer. They always seem to multi-purpose their parts. Brake components especially!

A.B.S. 36926
                  ACDelco AC638781D
                  BOSCH 0986424573
                  BREMBO P 49 022
                  FERODO FDB1503
                  FTE BL1636A2
                  GIRLING 6131539
                  HP HP2717
                  LPR 05P526
                  LUCAS ELECTRICAL GDB3153
                  MINTEX MDB1712
                  PAGID T3084
                  REMSA 0504.02 504.02 50402
                  ROADHOUSE 2504.02
                  TEXTAR 2329501
                  TRW GDB3153

Frustrated in Calgary,

Kelvin
                  '94 Familia GT-R

Comment

The only place in the US that has front GTR pads that I've ever found is Porterfield, and you have to ask them to make a set up from my template, which they keep on file and are only too happy to do for ya, just ask em to make a set from my order info. The R4S compound is a great street pad, and if you're racing the r4 or r4e is top shelf. GTR rear pads are the same as an 85 RX7 rear so that part's easy to get.
                    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
                      The only place in the US that has front GTR pads that I've ever found is Porterfield, and you have to ask them to make a set up from my template, which they keep on file and are only too happy to do for ya, just ask em to make a set from my order info. The R4S compound is a great street pad, and if you're racing the r4 or r4e is top shelf. GTR rear pads are the same as an 85 RX7 rear so that part's easy to get.
                      What did they end up costing you?

Kelvin

Comment

I just picked up a GTR on the weekend, and am going through the rigors of getting it saftied. My problem: siezed front left caliper and front brake pads. I tried calling porterfield on this, and it seems you didn't warn them sternly enough, they've lost the pattern for the GTR brake pads.

As I see it though, these pads and calipers look a hell of a lot like 92 Miata parts, has anyone tried these before? Also, while fiddling with the pad the back plate came off, revealing a manufacturer name, Akebono, as well as AN 3219. Their American office doesn't keep track of the foriegn brands, so they aren't much help, and of course local Mazda dealers don't know either. Anyone feels like helping it sure would be appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by heinze.ketchum View Post
                          I just picked up a GTR on the weekend, and am going through the rigors of getting it saftied. My problem: siezed front left caliper and front brake pads. I tried calling porterfield on this, and it seems you didn't warn them sternly enough, they've lost the pattern for the GTR brake pads.

As I see it though, these pads and calipers look a hell of a lot like 92 Miata parts, has anyone tried these before? Also, while fiddling with the pad the back plate came off, revealing a manufacturer name, Akebono, as well as AN 3219. Their American office doesn't keep track of the foriegn brands, so they aren't much help, and of course local Mazda dealers don't know either. Anyone feels like helping it sure would be appreciated!
                          I JUST got brake pads from Porterfield 2 weeks ago for my GTR. They must not know what you are asking for. Tell them you want AP SUMITOMO R4-S pattern. (R4-S is the brake pad material) I placed the order between Christmas and New Year's and it took about a week to get the pads delivered to Calgary. Ask them to put the value below $10.00 or you will be paying an extra $40.00 for brokerage fees to UPS. If you need, ask them to look up my order.

Kelvin Krastel

Comment

Awesome thanks! I'll call them this afternoon, what's your experience with the calipers? I'm going to a shop tonight to check out a miata caliper to see if it'll work. No luck so far finding a rebuild kit for a probe.

Comment

Originally posted by heinze.ketchum View Post
                              Awesome thanks! I'll call them this afternoon, what's your experience with the calipers? I'm going to a shop tonight to check out a miata caliper to see if it'll work. No luck so far finding a rebuild kit for a probe.
                              Are the probe calipers supposed to be the same? I never had to rebuild mine. The brake job is pretty simple. Throw away the little anti-rattle springs on the top of the pads. The ones from Porterfield don't have the holes anyway. Retain your backing plates and squeal clips. All you get from Porterfield, of course, is just the pads.

Comment

I'm glad this thread's a sticky. I got pads for my cars from them last October. It may be that they didn't wanna risk making a set of pads based on some other customer's name, though I did warn them that other buyers would be comin outta the woodwork... I bet giving them that sumitomo info will do the trick. To rebuild front GTR calipers you will want to buy the rebuild kit for a '93-96 MX6 or 626 as these use the same bore diameter.

Comment

Working...
                                X