X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily fan mail from a young reader

Originally posted by protegechris
    It pisses me off the way to treat me. I KNOW the rear are drums, because they are completely different than the front.
    Are you sure you have drums in the back? This thread shows otherwise http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4865
    And, if i EVER had any time to go to the library, I would. I go to school, then work. and i get home around six. my library closes at 5... weekends i work.
    You'll find time if you actually put an effort into it. The last thing a man would do is make up excuses for his shortcomings. At your ripe age of 14, you should be concentrating on your school and NOT putting your energy to work. Just because the labor law says it's OK to work when you're 14, doesn't mean it's a good thing. The law says it's ok for people to smoke, but does that mean its good? Your parents are around to support you, and while they're making those sacrifices, your energy should be devoted to your studies. If you want to learn about cars, you don't **** around and go to the library! I don't care if you're working from X to Y hours, if you WANT to go to the library, you will take the time off to go! I'm VERY sure your boss will understand and will let you go. Even still, you can ALWAYS change your work schedule to give you time to do those things. Stop making excuses.
    Next time i WILL get a book on it, just to make you happy.
    If you're able to get a book, go you. You definately won't be doing this for me, and I definately could care less if you did. You will be doing this FOR YOURSELF. The knowledge gained is for YOU, not me. Stop thinking you're going to school, doing all this work just because someone told you to. You're doing this for yourself. You take all this "obvious" knowledge of math, sciences, and language for granted. Why don't you imagine how worthless you would be if you weren't forced to go to school? If you're a man, you will reflect upon yourself on what short comings you have and improve on them. If you choose to be pathetic, then you're just worthless and a waste of space. Your loss if you do.

I'll tell you what will make everyone happy, and that's just NOT applying to this board but also to real life. Learn the basics, mold your mind into using that knowledge towards new challenges. Use that knowledge to ask definitive and directive questions. The last thing everyone needs to see is stupid ass vague questions that just wastes everyone time. The last thing we need to see is questions that can be answered from just properly using the available resources. Questions that should be legitimately asked should be ones that provoke thinking because they are truely unknown.

And as said many times before... if you want to be respected, you have to earn it. Learning to be a man is one of the things you must do to get it. Whining like this is NOT going to do anything. And don't forget, part of getting respected is respecting others, particularly the ones who came before you.

So yeah, stop wasting people's time
    TheMAN
    '01 BJFP MT
    '05 BK3P HB AT

Come see the Protege FAQ

No, I don't own an MP5.
    No, I don't drive a Protege 5.

Originally posted by R240NAII:
    It's always, "hi, I'm 16, a flaming pissant, and have my parents hard-earned money that I'd like to blow, hold my hand and walk me through a course on driftnng/boosting/driving, but remember that I'm not intelligent enough to understand anything and will repeatedly ask the same basic, moronic questions, over and over again".

What happens when you send me PMs such as:
    -Sending me a stupid question (no common sense, no logic, impractical, etc)
    -Sending me a question that can be found searching or in the FAQ
    -Sending me an illegible question (ie: bad grammar)
    No you WON'T get flamed, you'll get ignored. The results will vary if you send flames/insults

He's just a kid, dude. I hope he learned the lesson that it's more than just a good idea to do some searching before asking ANY questions. Let's be nice to him now...

Comment

I LOVE E-DRAMA!!
      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Let this be a reminder for everybody on the forum. DO NOT SEND EDWIN A PM.

Comment

yeas dude, you are a ****ty person, who posts PM'S?

can you not fins something else to talk about?

and yes, I am ****ing sure that the rear are disc.
          The are different than the front, they look like drums, thewy are fooking drum brakes.
          Now I would appreciate it if you would go to hell and leave me the **** alone.

Comment

and just because you know everyttihng doesnt give you the right to treat me like a ****ing idiot.

Posting PM's..

Comment

Don't cry and moan but listen and learn. Edwin actually took his time to write up a thread that could only be beneficial to you.
              -------------------------
              '91 LX
              '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
              -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
              well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

I no we tell everyone to do a search or w/e the case may be but he is just a kid and i read his other post about not having a father around so i feel for the kid so just lay off him for a lil ......
                1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

Comment

no, i dont want to be felt sorry about. I want respect as a person.

I understand that this dude took his time in writing that, and I read it twice. But it just comes across as extremely rude.

Comment

They should change his name from theMAN to theTRUTH....

that's all I got to say
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                      They should change his name from theMAN to theTRUTH....

that's all I got to say
                      that's hella funny

Comment

maybe he would understand better if he was me...oh whait, he ISNT,

so **** off man , i havent done **** to you!

Comment

chris, don't sweat it, many have been so humiliated.. just do yourself a favor and seriously pick up a haynes manual.. you'll love yourself for it. as far as posting and getting flamed for it.. meh, be careful how and what you post. i think the main frustration is the median age for club memebers is probably somewhere between 20 and 24 or higher.. realize the maturity level that we're used to.. honestly, you age shows in what you post after a while.. your experience with cars shows CLEARLY just by what you post.. so in some respects, you may just be treated like an idiot. hell, happens to me all the time.. i'm the village idiot around here . although many a people are in close running :rofl:. *ahem..*coughrobcough**
                          peace

Comment

Working...
                          X