My Very Slow Build (88' GTX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Very Slow Build (88' GTX)

Well my turn for a build thread i guess, Ive had the car for about 3 months now. Its been mainly going over stuff to get it back to better condition. Had an exhaust leak between the exhaust manifold and the turbo so fixed that. And took the time then to change out the spark plugs for some iridium ones and swapped out the O2 sensor at the same time. The car was pretty messy, a strange film of dirt over the whole interior.

But on to the fun stuff, here she is with my kid looking like he is in a photoshoot:

The car badly needed a new spring and strut combo so i ended up getting a set of k-Sports shipped from Taiwan.

And after 16 nuts

SO far ive been happy with them, though i haven't driven much since i got them in today.
    '88 GTX

Very nice, CLEAN lookin GTX. Those K-Sports are no joke huh, I wish I had the kind of bank for those
    1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
    1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
    www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Sub'n. Looks like this is going to be a good build.
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Changed out the coolant today, with some new+ water wetter. See if it makes a difference. Probably the next thing up is Strut bars. I can really feel the chassis move with these pillowball mounts.
        '88 GTX

Comment

Wow..super sweet!!! Love it.

So are you located in La Porte (I saw the shipping tag on the K-Sport box)?

I am in Houston as well off Hwy6 and Westheimer. There are absolutely none of these cars in Houston...and I mean none. Where did you find yours?

I have an '88 GT.

My GT is my daily driver and I have owned it going on 6 years.

You should bring your car out to Planet Zero..it is the largest (and most civil) regular import meet in Houston, it is coming up this weekend and it is always at night, so cooler and you have time for family obligations during the day and is pretty fun. Here is the link, let me know if you are attending as I can meet you there, it would be great to meet another local BF chassis owner! Your car will get lots of love there.

Comment

K sport Can you get those for the 88 gt too or is that an exclusive GTX owner commodity? Looks like your coming off to a good start! I like..

Comment

I'm not too sure. You can get on their website and they have a full listing of all the applications they make. Even the ones for the GTX are not available in the states. I found a guy out of Florida that ordered them from taiwan.

Slowandrusty:
              Strangly I just, not 20 mins ago, saw a white GTX going the other way as I headed to work. I do have the family issues but I would lve to get out to that meet.
              '88 GTX

Comment

In for pics of the car lowered! Thing looks to be in really good shape!

Comment

Originally posted by Talkurt View Post
                  I'm not too sure. You can get on their website and they have a full listing of all the applications they make. Even the ones for the GTX are not available in the states. I found a guy out of Florida that ordered them from taiwan.

Slowandrusty:
                  Strangly I just, not 20 mins ago, saw a white GTX going the other way as I headed to work. I do have the family issues but I would lve to get out to that meet.
                  Cool..well suddenly we have 3 B6T factory BF cars in the Houston area..sweet. Hope you can make the meet...My email is slownrusty@yahoo.com. if you prefer to take it offline.
                  Yasin

Comment

Rest of car is really nice and ksports are super nice, but I would ditch the iridiums for the NGK V-powers like what was intended.

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                    1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

let me get my gtx sorted out and ill meet yall at a planet zero meet as well.
                      88 Mazda GTX- rusted dalmation, it runs?
                      00 Ford ZX2- red terd, mods: slow
                      00 Ford ZX2- purple ricerocket, 302whp/298wtq - SOLD

Comment

Yep I'll be there.
                        '88 GTX

Comment

A pic after the ride height was set and an alignment. ended up going with -1.15 camber in front and 0s the rest of the way around. the rears were +.5 though since i dont have adjustment back there. still feels a crap ton better.

I washed and treated a few trim pieces on the car as well as cleaning the engine bay. Though after i was done with the engine it seemed ok, but had fairly serious part throttle hesitation that ended up going away a few miles after and a clicking noise thats coming from the relay? in these pics. it is the second one from the front, right in front of the coolant resevoir with the rubber cover over it. does anyone know what that is? it seems a few things have been moved in my engine bay so i couldnt find a good shot in the manual. closest it looks to is either the horn relay or the fan relay. though both of them seem to work fine. I can however make it stop clicking by turning on the AC. any thoughts?

'88 GTX

Comment

That would be the horn relay...looks like the main relay(in front0 has been moved..that one goes down below where it is now. This looks like Fred's car.
                            Clay

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                              This looks like Fred's car.
                              Clay
                              correct, from Dallas area.

Just to clarify, the one with the rubber over it is the horn relay or the one i am touching?
                              '88 GTX

Comment

Working...
                              X