No announcement yet.

Keith's '02 Protege ES Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is what they would have you believe, however, as far as spark plugs and the E3 'diamondfire' set up goes, when you look at how electricity conducts itself, you come to realize something:
    electricity flows to the path of least resistance. so what if you have 3 points for that spark to arc to, its gonna jump to the same point 9 times outta ten. as the plug gets older, that point will start to become dirty and thus less condusive to the electricity. At which point your spark will arc to another point with less resistance. when that point gets dirty, "oh hey look! that last point has very little resistance! im gonna arc thataway!"
    it really is just a longer life design as compared to the average spark plug.
    loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
    73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
    sigpic

Comment

how much benifit is found by removing the MAF screen??
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I personally think it gave the car just a bit more eagerness, it also seemed to smooth out the idle.

Over at Mazdas247 they told me it was all in my head, which it could be, cuz it was only a minute difference.

Comment

both of those things can be easily explained: they are brand new plugs! of course they are gonna be better than your old worn out ones!

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
          sigpic

Comment

Tru that!

Comment

Tried something new...

Best pics I can get for now

Comment

looks good! im a fan.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks man, I had the emblem laying around from a previous project. Unfortunately this grille does not fit too well (Ebay special) so what Im gonna do is take a stock grille and cut out the honeycomb part and lay grille mesh behind it with this emblem on it. I think this plan will work much better.

Comment

center the mazda i say
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Take it out I say. Make it look like an autoexe(sp?) One
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

i didnt even notice that it didnt fit until you pointed it out. lol. why such bad panel fit?
                        i kinda dig it off to the side, its 90-92 323-esque.

sigpic

Comment

Thats the fitment that Ebay gets ya lol.

And yea Im a huge fan of the offset too

Comment

was it supposed to be an OE replacement, or what?

sigpic

Comment

No it was a fiberglass knockoff of the carbon fiber DG grille

Comment

A red evil M would be better suited on the grille then the mazda emblem imho

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                                HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                                Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Working...
                                X