Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried that in the beginning, it looked tacky as hell :p

Comment

Holy crap what a long day in the garage, but I got a ton of stuff done!!!

1.) Made myself a new grille. I stopped by the local junk yard and picked a grille off a 2001 protege for $15. I took it home and cut the honeycomb part out. Bondoed up the cut marks, primed, painted, clear coat. And the fit the mesh from my old grille into it.

2.) Got a fuel pump kill switch hooked up. Id like to show you all where I hid the switch cuz its pretty creative, but that would defeat the purpose a little lol.

3.) Had a successful attempt at putting on some headlight overlays

4.) Replaced my once-again squeaking drive belt

5.) Couldnt take the horrid exhaust sound anymore and put the dual-cat back on. I also cut off and drilled out the studs so that I could use the same hardware that I am using with the SLS.

6.) Got to drive behind this on the way to the gas station. A Lotus Espirit.

Better pics of the new front will be up as soon as I wash her tomorrow

Comment

Lookin good.

Comment

you shoulda just sprayed some tire shine on that squeaky belt. it shuts them right up. lol no joke.
          loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
          73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
          sigpic

Comment

For real??? That sounds like the opposite of what you should do lol. Maybe next time ill try that!

Comment

Tire shine will make a belt slip and is not good.

Did you spray the headlights or is that a removable cover?
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

They are vinyl overlays

Comment

Some new shots after a wash

Last edited by Sleezer1533; 10-14-2010, 02:24 PM.

Comment

ive never had any problems with them slipping. but i could see how that would happen.
                    loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
                    73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
                    sigpic

Comment

Got the Racing Beat exhaust installed. Its quieter than the last one but has and awesome tone, and does not rice-out with the catless midpipe.

Here it is :D :

Needs some polish and Itll be all set

Comment

looks better IMHO
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I agree. I really liked the old one, but it was a little obnoxious and looked a little ricey. However, This is a much better fit for the car! Im really happy with the change :D

Comment

I gotta say that I am loving the Racing Beat Exhaust. It isnt as loud as the last one, which ill admit I was a little disappointed about, but it has an awesome deep tone that has grown on me :D
                            Now I can also run the SLS catless midpipe, which def. gives the car a bit more "umph"

Comment

Took a couple vid of the new Racing Beat exhaust, keep in mind the camera recording quality is bad and kinda takes away from the sound
                              First up: Some drive bys, revs, and an example of how my brakes lock up at the drop of a hat at the end :p
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n38-iGapVsQ

Second: Had some fun after:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iGFQe6qMA

Note: This was all closed course **** so mods, dont freak out :D

Comment

autotragic sounds decent tho. 5 spd the car & watch your MPG jump
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X