No announcement yet.

Keith's '02 Protege ES Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea the 5spd swap is something I def. want to do but just doesnt make sense right now, eventually it will happen if the car holds up

Comment

i dont see why it wouldnt hold up, dude. mazda makes tough little cars. you should just do it.it will make you a happy man, i promise.
      loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
      73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
      sigpic

Comment

Well I live in the northeast, so my main concern is fender rust. But if everything is kosher in a couple years Im definitely going to swap the slushbox for the 5spd

I would like to go turbo at some point as well, but the FS-DE does not hold up to boost very well, so ideally the KL swap would be pretty sick but may be outside my abilities.

Anyway, as the car sits, these are my main plans:
        1.) Lower
        2.) UDP
        3.) J-spec exhaust cams
        4.) Corksport power series intake cams
        5.) 5spd swap
        Last edited by Sleezer1533; 09-19-2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

car looks good, shows that you've put a lot of time and effort into making it the way you want..
          Last edited by mpro5; 09-22-2010, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Recently bought an HID kit and got that installed

Also got a deal on a P5 strut bar b/c it only came with the drivers side mount bracket ... didnt think it would be too hard to find the passengers side one ... boy was I wrong. Still looking...

Comment

Good luck with the search.

Comment

Thanks, looks like im gonna need it

Comment

talk to mazkid he's good with hookups like that
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Thanks!!...
                    Just sent him a message, hopefully he can help me out

Comment

Hey new to the forums, I've got a 2002 Protege ES. I'm pretty much new to the "motorhead" scene actually. This is my first car and after I asked my friend to show me how to change pads, rotors and a caliper I just had to have more and I'm happy I found this site.

I gotta say Sleezer I love what you're doing with your car and keep posting! I'll be reading and taking in some advice and tips from you and the rest of the posters here

Also, I don't have too much done to mine. Haven't done any expansions or anything since I got it but I bought it with an Intake, it's lowered and it's got an exhaust. Looking to do a lot more to it so I'll def be checking the site (esp this topic) all the time to see what's new.

Comment

Cool man, Thanks, and welcome to the forums!!

Comment

Any recommendations on turbo ideas for a 2.0 ES?

Comment

Mazdaspeed protege turbo setup. Anything more than that look at building the motor
                            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                              Mazdaspeed protege turbo setup. Anything more than that look at building the motor
                              That's what I was predicting would be the best option. It's the same as the '02 fs-de just turbo'd. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Yea the msp setup runs low boost from a relatively whimpy turbo, going bigger would require rebuilding the fs-de (forged internals and such), however, many people with rebulit fs-de's have experienced the "zoom zoom boom" running mid-high to high boost. Thats why im entertaining the KL-ZE swap so I can abuse the **** out of the engine and not have to worry as much about it destroying itself

Comment

Working...
                                X