Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

interior lighting bulbs.... what size/number?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interior lighting bulbs.... what size/number?

looking to make a compiled list of the interior bulbs for the BG

Dash lighting- HVAC(T5)
    Guage cluster- 194(larger) (T5 smaller)
    Dome lights (main- Festoon)/Map lights- BA9S)
    Puddle lights (194?)

anyone have numbers for the bulbs in our cars? im looking to replace all of mine with LED units

SYLVANIA is the leading automotive lighting supplier, providing high performance lighting products. Use our bulb replacement guide to find the right bulb that fits your vehicle.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ found that guide to help direct other members seeking the same information
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

gauge cluster lamps: (part numbers)
    "inner" light for speedo/tacho etc - G213-55-431 12 v 3.4 w
    signal light for fuel, oil pressure etc - B456-55-431 12v 3 w
    But I'm in doubt that you need just part numbers
    Last edited by labeo; 09-11-2010, 06:21 AM.
    sigpic
    1990 323s BG 1.6i

Comment

194 for dashlights there are 2 sizes 194 is the larger. the 2 map lights , the door splash lights are 194 as well . i am still trying to find the smaller of the 2 dshlights size.

for the door floods get a directional led ( spotlight style most common ) for the dashlights you want to difuse the light a bit or it looks blobby so try to find a 194 low profile with led's that face to the side as well

i am also still trying to find the size of the dome replacement

i have 2 superbrite white spots on the door splash(flood) lights and it looks freaking awesome .. odd to sound excited about it .. but wait till you see the difference. has to be the best lighting mod i've done on the car so far
      Last edited by MazdaNoob; 09-11-2010, 06:22 PM.

Comment

rockauto.com dude lol all your answers
        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

i know i need 5 194's for my bike. might as well buy a 20 pack or so & just run through the car while im @ it

I took the dash out of the bpt shell for the FE3 shell..... noticed how ****ty OE dash cluster lights look.
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
            i know i need 5 194's for my bike. might as well buy a 20 pack or so & just run through the car while im @ it

I took the dash out of the bpt shell for the FE3 shell..... noticed how ****ty OE dash cluster lights look.
            I thought you were gonna use the dash you got at the yard for your FE3. Is that going in the bpt car?
            1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
            Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
            R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Comment

i broke the middle tab on that dash as soon as i got it back. i need that support as im running a cage through the dash by the window.

Comment

Installed LED maplights!!

trimming up the plastic surround slightly is required***
                in order to prevent the sockets from being pushed away from on center w the light distribution discs
                its kind of a silly design OEM. but never the less it works.
                You can see the heat damage from normal bulbs.......

Bulb socket # BA9S

bought them from this Ebay auction:

Ebay seller:
                Follow premiumled on eBay. Buying, Selling, Collecting on eBay has never been more exciting!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MAX17
                  Hey that's are great idea. I don't no how people got these ideas. With these Led's your car is looking awesome form inside. I am sure it sounds good. I see this very rare. Anyhow i like your brilliant idea. Tell me how I can change my cars bulbs and what cost you pay for that? I hope they will not too expensive. Please reply me with your kind regards.
                  Well you've made some lengthly replies on a few threads but yet haven't said what kind of car you have. Enlighten us with a new member thread.
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I' m using leds on these lamps (3). In conclussion, is the best choice!!!

Comment

anyone have any pics of a stock bg cluster with led bulbs, ie with the stock green color, if so please post what brand or where you got them from.
                      5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

i have em in my cluster. but no pictures of it. your welcome to come down n take a look

Comment

The little courtesy lamps use the GE89 bulb originally, LEDs ftw
                          The dome light/ courtesy lamps are exactly the same on my 93 Protege DX
                          Last edited by 1LordAnubis; 09-09-2013, 10:26 PM. Reason: ba15s definitely don't fit lol

Comment

Figured I'd reply in a sticky..

Anyone happen to know the bulb size for the green key ring light on the LX models?

It's smaller than the 194s. Like half the size, maybe more. There is no letters/numbers on mine.

Thanks.
                            1991 Protege LX 5MT, P/S, A/C, NOW Sun Roof!

Comment

T5 wedge

Comment

Working...
                              X