No announcement yet.

Kev's '98 Protege Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You really shouldn't go to a chain for any-sort of car work. Find a place a local car board recommends that isn't a "performance" shop as well.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

I'll remember that if I should ever need to go to a shop for work again. The good news is that it's fixed and I didn't have to deal with it. Hopefully.

Comment

Massive oil leak that seems to be coming from the front of the engine. Runs down an exhaust bracket and burns off on the exhaust. Makes a hell of a smoke cloud. Can't quite determine where exactly it's coming from, though. Valve cover gasket isn't causing it. Maybe head gasket?

Comment

Quick update. Got the car on ramps and took a closer look. Appears to be the sending unit leaking down the back, running along the oil pan then dripping on the exhaust. Hard to believe that's the only problem, but it's the only thing I can find that's consistently leaking.

Comment

time for a new sending unit & or thread sealant??
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

New sending unit. Replaced it the other day. No leaks and no smoke screen. 👍

Comment

win!!! glad its resolved
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Sadly, this may be my last year with the car. It's still a good starter car for some high schooler, just need to replace the shift cable. I kind of want to get the new Miata.

Comment

Shift cable replaced! What a pain in the ass, but no more ghetto rigged cable. Now Drive is actually Drive instead of neutral.

Comment

good work. Hopefully you can get 1500 to 2k for it for all of the work that you have put into it.
                      Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                      "Who Dey"

Comment

That would be nice. Not sure what these are going for these days, though. It drives pretty well, needs suspension bushings replaced, but I don't think I'll get into all that just to sell it. Other than that the only thing holding it back is the body. Lots of rust and the rear bumper is held on with rope because the tab in the quarter panel rusted away 😂

Comment

This thing is officially for sale. Cleaned it up and got all my crap out of it. Fixed my blower motor switch (only worked on setting 1, not works on all four settings, the contacts just needed a good cleaning) and greased the other switches to make sliding them easier and smoother. Going to do the rear brakes because the hand brake has absolutely no spring tension on it and doesn't hold at all. Maybe clean the engine bay a bit. I don't want to spend much more money on this thing.

Comment

Fixed the rear brakes and hand brake. The bracket inside the drum for the hand brake was seized up on both sides. New shoes, drums, springs. Replaced the handbrake cable spring, it was rusted and bent out of shape. Handbrake holds just fine now. Cheap fixes are my favorite. Need to clean up the engine bay at some point and find that trim piece that goes on top of the steering column.

Comment

This damn car does not what to leave my possession. Every time I put it up for sale, something happens. Tried selling it earlier this year, got someone to look at it, but the engine light popped up on the test drive. Small evap leak. Awesome. Finally tracked that down and fixed it, put it up for sale, then it springs a gas leak. Finally get that fixed and tell someone she can come check it out, and one of the headlight ballasts dies. It fixed itself after a few days, decide to test everything before putting it back up and the horn crapped the bed and two more engine code. P0170 and P0455. **** me....

Comment

Selling some BHA stuff: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...EM-Aftermarket

Comment

Working...
                                X