No announcement yet.

Kev's '98 Protege Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to make a list of what I need when the parts arrive, like mounts and bushings and such. Get everything organized before swapping in the new stuff.

Quick Update:
    FedEx has the struts and estimated delivery is tomorrow (Sep. 11). Still no news from UPS about the springs, I'll have to email the guy who runs that website. I'll keep you guys updated.

Comment

Struts came in yesterday! Woohoo! Just waiting for those damn springs now. Still no word on UPS even picking them up yet. Anyone else ever use that site, madracingconcepts.com, to order the Dropzone lowering springs???

edit: Just ordered KYB mounts and boots/bump stops. Don't know why I didn't order these when I ordered the struts, but oh well.
      Last edited by irishkev90; 09-12-2010, 10:51 AM.

Comment

if your gonna use bump stops.. like stock replacements.. i usually slice them in half.. cuz it'll keep botttoming out on them.
        | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Good to know, thanks. Still waiting on the damn springs though, ugh. Anyone have any links to sites where I can get at least 2" drop springs?? Thanks.

I walked into my room just now and there was a box on my bed, wtf? Opened it up, and found out it was my left sideview mirror. I forgot I ordered it. So that's going on tomorrow morning and my car will be back to having two functional power mirrors, like it's supposed to.

Comment

Pics:

Comment

The power mirror is on and working, chyea!

Still no word on the springs, effin bullcrap. Again, if anyone has any links to where I can get a set of 2" drop springs it would be greatly appreciated.

I'll also be selling the manual mirror, here first and if no interest then ebay.
              Last edited by irishkev90; 09-14-2010, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Quick question on bushing part numbers. Advance Auto has shock absorber bushings, part #9.8107G. Wondering if these were the right ones before I buy anything. They're Energy Suspension brand.

Comment

Okay, been calling the guy from madracingconcepts.com all week. Always says he'll call me back, but never does. He doesn't sound professional at all. Still nothing has been shipped. He even misread my address and thought I lived in Canada. Since when is Queensbury, New York in Canada? I might just have to go with 1.5" B&G springs, even though they're over twice the price, if I don't get an answer soon about what's going on with the Dropzone springs, ugh.
                  (end rant)

Comment

i initially had b&G 1.5" drop.. tooooooooooooooo high for my likings.

Comment

request a refund, get something from another place.
                      -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                      VF10 powered!
                      262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                      13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Just called the guy again. He said they were out of stock everywhere. Personally I think he's just annoyed with me calling everyday, but he said he'll refund my money. We'll see if that happens, if not I'll let paypal know and I'll take my money back.

Looks like I'll have to settle for a 1.5" drop with B&G springs. Yeah, they're a bit higher than I want, but they'll have to do for now.

edit: Just ordered B&G.
                        Last edited by irishkev90; 09-16-2010, 09:03 AM.

Comment

last i heard was the the b&g 2.5'z were discontinued. Kev, come for a drive out to Toronto... i'll get my buddy who did my car.. to take you as low as you want

Comment

If I had the time I would, damn work. If I'm not happy with the 1.5" drop I might make a trip up there.

Got my refund, by the way. Probably the only thing that guy got right.

Comment

Springs have been shipped. Should be here some time around Thursday. Got to check on progress of the mounts/boots.

Comment

Okay, so mounts/boots should be here the 21st and the springs on the 23rd. Hopefully be installing everything very soon after that.

Comment

Working...
                                X