No announcement yet.

Kev's '98 Protege Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about pulling the motor from this thing and junking everything else. Been trying to sell this thing for months and something always goes wrong. First a small EVAP leak-fixed, fuel leak-fixed, large EVAP leak-fixed broken line, large EVAP leak still there, power steering line is leaking, rear brake line is leaking, section of frame is completely rusted away, driver side rocker is rusted to hell along with the door. Runs and drives great, though, which is why I'm tempted to pull the motor just to play around with it and teach myself how to build an engine.

Comment

This car is officially sold. Found a guy willing to buy it even with the problems for $350. Not nearly what I was hoping for and wish I could have held out for a little more, but had to get rid of it and I'm desperately low on money.

It was a fun run. I learned a lot with the help of this little car and she made it through all the hell and back and never once let me down. These engines are solid, even after 177,000 miles. I will miss this little beast, the driveway just doesn't feel the same with it gone. Now it's time for the '97 to step up and take the full load from here on. I called this car DJ when I first got it because of all the noises it made at the time. I haven't really referred to it by name since then, but it seems appropriate to complete the circle and say my final farewell. Goodbye, DJ, you will be missed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DJBeginning.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	1245048

Click image for larger version

Name:	DJFront.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	1245047

Comment

woohoo for getting it sold!!
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
        X