????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loco_R View Post
    if i see something that did not used to happen, like smoke or oil from the valve cover, i will think something is wrong! it was fine and now it is not!
    lol same thing i thought but i also thought it might be a easy fix with a catch can but like always i was wrong and it was something else the learning curve of life lol.

well when i took off the exhaust mani i found my exhaust leak their was a spacer between th exhasst mani and the gasket
    stupid me
    when i took off the ehxaust mani gasket i found out that cylinder 3 that the compression was at 90 well the gasket hole for that cylinder was burnt or vaporized 1-2 layer of gaskets for the exhaust mani and was wondering if that would be the reason why the compression would be low for that cylinder ???
    and mayb if i was lucky that the piston rings might be still good????
    also on a side note when i pulled the plug for number 2 piston it was steaming / smoking any idea y???
    also i found out what was causeing the smoke the downpipe had oil in it and i guess was burnning it off ,also my fmic had oil in it too any idea if that means the oil seals on the turbo are gone??
    also was wondering if i just replaced the exhaust mani gasket if that would fix my compression problem and if i got the oil seals for the turbo and mayb the turbo rebuilt if that would fix the oil being dumped into my downpipe and the oil being pushed into my fmic and blowby ???
    any help or opinnions would be apreciated

mike

Comment

the exhaust manifold gasket wouldn't be the cause of low compression. The valve seals it off before it gets there.
      -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
      VF10 powered!
      262 Whp & 257 Wtq
      13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
        the exhaust manifold gasket wouldn't be the cause of low compression. The valve seals it off before it gets there.
        aight thanx ace for the info

Comment

Did you do a leak down test by chance?
          unless you put a hole in a piston id lean towards burnt valve(s)
          -Turbo Mx-3

Comment

nope no leak down test but after inspecting the valves i noticed piston/cylnder 3 valve was all black as the rest were gray so mayb valve seals still doing some work but heres some pixs

Comment

MACRO FOCUS!!!!!!!!
              take apart the center from the hotside
              & take off the compressor cover

did you have anything from the valve cover to the intake side of the turbo?????
              anything @ all????

are any of your ports wet with oil?
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                MACRO FOCUS!!!!!!!!
                take apart the center from the hotside
                & take off the compressor cover

did you have anything from the valve cover to the intake side of the turbo?????
                anything @ all????

are any of your ports wet with oil?
                ok will take apart turbo here in a couple minutes and will work with the focus lol damn auto focus and from the vaf to the turbo their was no oil and as ports u mean exhaust ports???

Comment

yes, exhaust ports
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

here ya go bud

Comment

heres some quick pics of turbo internals

Comment

:/

Comment

ight monday or tuesday will be sending the turbo off to the shop to get rebuilt and also to get a bigger coldside turbine installed also will be taking the head to the shop to get looked over and mayb a valvejob done too

wish me luck guys

Comment

just cause i forgot to take pixs last nite

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                              turbo fried???
                              great to see people now days full of optimism!
                              That will explain the low compresion on the cilinders, yeah right it is the turbo!
                              94 lx, custom manifold Mitsubishi 16g (EVO III) turbo, XTD stage 3 clutch kit, strut bar, and 3 inches exhaust free flow. Natural aspired Head and Block, RX7 N/A 440 cc injectors, GTX intake manifold, MS2 V3 (stratifiedauto) , SX Fuel pressure regulator, Front mount intercooler, TD05 16g turbo

Comment

lol ok well turbo is at the repair shop and i just got back my head from the shop got a valve job done and a port n polish had to skipp on my orignal head plans for now

ill call the turbo place tomrorow and see how long for the rebuild to be done on the turbo etc

will start re assembling everything here in the next couple days with a few extra goodies

Comment

Working...
                                X