No announcement yet.

Turning 626 GT into an AWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah well, that limit is somewhat loosely enforced. You need to produce a dyno sheet from the engine not going over the legal limit, after that there's not much control. If a suspect the engine is over powered, they might want to see a fresh sheet. Not really difficult to come by.

There are 900hp supras out in the streets.

But right now, I'm pissed beyond words with the decision of not allowing any kind of superchargers.

Comment

yep, utter crap.
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

As expected, my request for actual *reasons* to why turbos aren't allowed was stonewalled and responded in typical decree BS. So it seems I'll be building a stock gt with awd :-( You wouldn't call it lazy, but how much more it could've been... Now, if I only had a proper AWD GVwith DOHC, things would be golden.

Comment

if you keep harassing them..... will it get you farther? or will they revoke the whole thing?
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
            if you keep harassing them..... will it get you farther? or will they revoke the whole thing?
            They would revoke it, plain and simple. They guy isn't ultimately making the decision, he can only present it to his superior with a favourable opinion. That's bureaucracy for ya. In a powerless act of defiance, the first letter of each sentence in the brief "I submit to these limitations" mail spell out "ғᴜᴄᴋ" (lit. "cunt"). I don't think he did caught that.
            Last edited by STW; 10-02-2013, 02:16 PM.

Comment

After a bit of thinking and a lot of fighting back resentment towards FTSA I finally figured a NA AWD might not be so bad. It should keep me from blowing up the transmission (too often) and I've had these strange urges to build an atmo engine. And as E85 is now reasonably widely available, I might go for high compression. 13.5:1 or something. Should give good power. And since it's starting to look like the monster turbo engine is going into a RWD car, I can cannibalize the modified VICS chamber from the turbo engine without penalties.

Comment

higher the better. through my experiences the FE3 loves high comp. it starts to wake up as soon as you break the 11:1 mark.
                I do wish mazda would have started with 11:1. doing so probably would of yielded alot of needed improvements for its day.
                someday id like to make a VVT system hybrid with the FE3
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

You should do ITB's if the paperwork permits it!
                  1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
                  1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
                  www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Thanks to the somewhat idiosyncratic legislation, since it's pre-emissions control engine, I can do *anything* I like to it, except: Install non-manufacturer forced induction (since it was forbidden in the permit conditions), swap the cylinder head type (not that there's anything you'd swap a DOHC head to, but it does exclude the loophole of installing the turboed DOHC as a modified F2T) and increase engine displacement more than 25%. Also, the naturally aspirated engines have relatively relaxed power limit of 7kg/kW (for forced induction engines it's just 20% over highest stock rating) which would in my case give nearly 250hp maximum allowed power, so I'm probably not going to have much problems with too powerful engine.

ITB's sound tempting, though I think I'll first try out with the existing hardware and later do a stage update.

Comment

Working...
                    X