No announcement yet.

Mazdaspd2008's Mazdaspeed 3 worklog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that chatter as you just tap the gas. Open the hood and have someone turn the wheel to load the motor and change fuel pressure and listen to it.

Comment

Yeah, I guess that's what it is then. Is that an issue I need to address or what? I never really looked into it cause I didn't think that's what it was. It's been performing just fine.
      '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

looking good.

Yeah we have had peeps do fp installs at meets. around 8 at night. Dp is a much harder job.

Comment

yeah i know, i didnt think it would be too hard i just didnt wanna mess with my fuel pump lol, DP ive done before, fuel pump never
          '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

so what's going on with this beast?
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Well, Cobb released beta firmware for the AccessPort and some new beta boost-tuned maps... loaded up the map closest to my setup, and my fuel trims are spot on where they need to be... Cobb recommends LTFTs anywhere in the range of -8%/+8% and the highest I've seen is +3.1% with an average of +2.3%... talked to the resident tuning guru on MazdaSpeedForums.org and he said that if I'm seeing those trims after all the mileage I have on the map already then that's an awesome starting point and I should just get some logs to figure out how the rest of the car is responding. Hopefully that can be done soon with some dyno time, as there aren't really any great street tuning roads around here.

Aside from that... suspension is next... I'm hoping that Swift brings out some Type-R springs for the 1st gens like they're doing for the 2nd gens, because they actually do R&D on the specific make and model to get the right spring rates and all that jazz... I figure those coupled with some Koni Yellow's and an upgraded rear sway bar will do wonders for the handling, so that's the plan for now.
              '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

I really like my Koni FSDs but the car is at stock height.

Comment

Stock height doesn't bother me all that much... it sits pretty low for being stock. The wheel gaps are the only downside, but I'm also running 40 sidewall width not stock 45 so mine are a little worse, idk why I went with 40s when I got tires.
                  '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Depends, 40 series on a 225, or 40 series on a 215. (im running 225/40/18 on a pro kit. i think tire is like .25 inches less overall diameter.

Koni FSD from what i remember were good on stock springs, longer shaft. but dont know if the MS3 specific set came out yet or not. was suppose to have a shorter shaft since i think the MZ3 version almost raised cars on stock springs.

Comment

Originally posted by aliennation95gt View Post
                      Depends, 40 series on a 225, or 40 series on a 215. (im running 225/40/18 on a pro kit. i think tire is like .25 inches less overall diameter.

Koni FSD from what i remember were good on stock springs, longer shaft. but dont know if the MS3 specific set came out yet or not. was suppose to have a shorter shaft since i think the MZ3 version almost raised cars on stock springs.
                      I don't think the FSDs came out for the MS3 specifically but guys did use the 4045s if I'm not mistaken with great results. I'm running 225/40/18s too.

EDIT: also within the past 2 weeks since I last posted I've decided that the car has to go. It's just too much of a money pit for me to justify keeping as a full-time student with a part time job and a 40mi combined commute to classes (100mi combined once a week starting this fall too... ugh) since I live 25 minutes from the main campus where all my graphic/video classes are.

If you know anyone then let them know! My car is up in the FS section and in the process of de-modification. Once it's complete pictures will be updated.
                      Last edited by Mazdaspd2008; 07-20-2011, 12:30 PM.
                      '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Originally posted by UncoongoP
                        Like my employer, I seldom express great job to a good something, these days right after stumbling directly into the doorsteps of your site, I can say you did a terrific work! I ain’t your boss.
                        Thanks I think.
                        '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Working...
                        X