Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice build so far, love the wheels

Comment

thanks man, ive only seen pictures of one other speed3 with those wheels too so its not common as far as i know, i love em
      '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

update! in my quest for my car being as aesthetically pleasing as it is fun to drive, I decided to capitalize on a "garage sale" offer Cobb had on their v1 FMIC kit (like the one on the car) so I was able to sell the one on the car for almost $600 and pick up the brand new, warranty backed, nicer looking powdercoated grey v1 kit they had left in the warehouse (since they're now selling the v2 kits and need to get rid of the old stock) for $740 shipped. Should be here next week and I can't wait to install a brand new FMIC kit and take some pitchasss :D

i know, it wasn't necessary, but... it'll look nice and be brand new and have a warranty, so... its worth it to me. :D
        Last edited by Mazdaspd2008; 11-06-2010, 11:35 AM.
        '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

any other changes from v1 in their v2 kit other then appearance
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

And I'll be installing this with him an photographing it as well. All in due time.. lol
            -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
            VF10 powered!
            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
              any other changes from v1 in their v2 kit other then appearance
              just to clarify i am getting another v1 kit, but brand new, i worded my post a little weird (now fixed) but the new kits retail $1100 for the kit

The v1 kit has one flaw in that one of the pipe sections rubs on a metal bracket in the engine bay and over time creates a small gouge in the pipe (or large depending on how long you leave it unaddressed) this can be addressed by strapping a piece of silicone over the problem area for the v1 kit.

the v2 kit is redesigned in that the hot pipe is bent differently to avoid rubbing (the problem in the v1 as listed above) and the cold pipe where it runs around and behind the radiator is now split into 2 pieces at a slightly different angle to provide the clearance to allow the new hotpipe design.

in addition the core sits a bit differently so that less modification has to be done to fit it to the car, bumper tabs dont have to be trimmed and as far as i know there are no plastics that need to be removed (such as my front undertray with the v1 kit)
              Last edited by Mazdaspd2008; 11-06-2010, 11:36 AM.
              '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

its a plus for cooling to keep your undertray
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

the only reason i cant is because or where i moved my PS lines when putting the core in... i can probably find a better way to move them to fit the core without having to sacrifice the undertray and im going to do so when i get the new kit in
                  '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

What year is that ms3?
                    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                    |.....Overnight....................| ||
                    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

mine? mines an '08, 'tis in my sig good sir xD
                      '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Originally posted by Mazdaspd2008 View Post
                        mine? mines an '08, 'tis in my sig good sir xD
                        Don't forget it's also in your name too

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                        HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                        Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

touche good sir!
                          '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Those are better than the new ones
                            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                            |.....Overnight....................| ||
                            |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                            |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                            "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                            Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

in my opinion yes indeed. the only thing the new ones have over the first gens in the ECU tweaks from the factory and the suspension are better.

but the new ECU's are hard to tune, Cobb has been working on the new AccessPort over a year already and still hasn't gotten it done right.

and theyre ugly with the smiley face xD
                              '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Originally posted by Mazdaspd2008 View Post
                                theyre ugly with the smiley face xD
                                It looks much better on the Miata.

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                                HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                                Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Working...
                                X