No announcement yet.

Mazdaspd2008's Mazdaspeed 3 worklog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the RX-8 and Miata look just fine with that front style, because they're sportier cars, but the execution on the 3 and Speed3 just doesn't do it for me... I completely agree.
    '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

UPDATE! New FMIC has arrived and it is soooooo sexy

also came with free stuff! vinyl and a license plate frame!

'12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

-Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
        VF10 powered!
        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Is that the V2? You're lucky, I am still sporting the V1 that rubs on the frame

Comment

Looking good. LIke how its coming,

WE have a local seller with a side brand of KW's with rebate its like 850. instead of 1500 for coilovers. or we have a guy here selling his KW setup so he can get BC to stay uber low.

Keep up the work. YEah the GEN 2 are fugly, but we had a dyno day this past weekend, less mods, and putting down more HP and tq. on a dynapack dyno.

Like to see mor epics. keep it going

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
              Is that the V2? You're lucky, I am still sporting the V1 that rubs on the frame
              Update: We got it installed along with the new catch can last night. Boy was that fun.. And Lex, its the V1 kit again, but this time its powder coated. lol We took an old coupler and cut it up and zip tied it on the pipe where it rubs in areas. As soon as he left my house the coupler on the turbo blew off cause we forgot to tighten it..

More pictures when I decide to go somewhere with Wifi and upload them. lol
              -Steve

VF10 powered!
              262 Whp & 257 Wtq
              13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments guys! Unfortunately it is the v1 kit again, I wish I could get a v2 kit, but that will have to wait. After popping the coupler last night and again today (we clamped it over the lip last night, not beneath the lip so that it wouldn't slide off... oi.) I'm a little reluctant to get on it until everything is for sure ironed out xD I did give it two WOT pulls once we re-clamped it AGAIN, and it felt just fine, so hopefully we have no more issues. That's what fatigue does folks! xD
                '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Coming alomg nicely. Wish I could afford a ms3. They're so sweet
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Thanks, it's certainly a fun car, but sometimes it's a hassle, working on it especially, lol.
                    '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Much easier to work on a BG - especially since the turbo is in the front

My MS3 is fully bolted already ... I guess the next step is a bigger turbo if I want to go that route. At 300whp and more torque than that already I just wish it was AWD.

Comment

Here are the pictures.

-Steve

VF10 powered!
                        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

more

-Steve

VF10 powered!
                          262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                          13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

I have two word for that: zoom-zoom
                            SPI swapped

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WhiteLightning96

Comment

If you look at the 6th picture down from Ace's first post, there's a covered hole in the plastic up around the hood latch that's covered... we popped out the cover and revealed an area for air to pass through... why this was covered idk, but now I have a minuscule amount of more airflow!
                              '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

composite front core support???? i still can't figure out what plastic piece you mean.
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X