Mazdaspd2008's Mazdaspeed 3 worklog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
    composite front core support???? i still can't figure out what plastic piece you mean.
    The cutout between the hood latch assembly and the driver's side headlight
    '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

UPDATE! Finally being fed up enough with the body shop my insurance sent me to back in August and having the car looked at by the collision center at my dealership, I've decided (and just finished) telling my insurance co. I'm not happy with the work done to the car and I'm choosing my own body shop (yay for that being legal in FL!) for the car to be looked at again and fixed.

The list of what's currently bothering me:

They butchered the mounting point where my front bumper meets my left front fender, they misaligned that fender to begin with, there are pinholes in the bodywork they did on my rear right quarterpanel along with more oversprayed paint, the ...back bumper doesn't align with that quarterpanel correctly, theres also paint run on my rear bumper on the left hand side. They forgot to fasten down my front cowl on the driver's side, and I'm gonna be going over every inch they touched again soon to see if there's anything to add to the list.

And that's overlooking the bolts and plastic rivets they used to fasten body panels back together not coming from Mazda or other OEM spec pieces, just what they found around their shop.
      '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Originally posted by Mazdaspd2008 View Post
        UPDATE! Finally being fed up enough with the body shop my insurance sent me to back in August and having the car looked at by the collision center at my dealership, I've decided (and just finished) telling my insurance co. I'm not happy with the work done to the car and I'm choosing my own body shop (yay for that being legal in FL!) for the car to be looked at again and fixed.

The list of what's currently bothering me:

They butchered the mounting point where my front bumper meets my left front fender, they misaligned that fender to begin with, there are pinholes in the bodywork they did on my rear right quarterpanel along with more oversprayed paint, the ...back bumper doesn't align with that quarterpanel correctly, theres also paint run on my rear bumper on the left hand side. They forgot to fasten down my front cowl on the driver's side, and I'm gonna be going over every inch they touched again soon to see if there's anything to add to the list.

And that's overlooking the bolts and plastic rivets they used to fasten body panels back together not coming from Mazda or other OEM spec pieces, just what they found around their shop.
        Sorry to hear that dude. I hate dealing with sh*t like that. hope everything work out.
        sigpicBACK TO SQUARE 1

Comment

Thanks man, the appraiser is coming out tomorrow, luckily I won't be waiting till next week cause of Thanksgiving. Hopefully it all goes well indeed.
          '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
            Much easier to work on a BG - especially since the turbo is in the front

My MS3 is fully bolted already ... I guess the next step is a bigger turbo if I want to go that route. At 300whp and more torque than that already I just wish it was AWD.
            YEs easier to work on a BG, i just finished pulling a MS6 motor. IF it helps. THe AWD transfer case is seperate form the transmision, (if it help you in any ideas) plus a 24/7 member made his AWD. But if you talk to JIM, 300WHP can be a good track car if set up right. DOnt always need AWD till more than that HP.

Car is looking great love the painted FMIC. YEp Radiator core is a composite like plastic, unbolts pretty easiy. (helps whem removing soem of the motors).

Keep up the work on the car. looking good.

Comment

Thanks man, I'd love to go the AWD route and I know a guy down in south FL who's in the process of swapping his over to AWD using the CX-7 rear end, a few Volvo parts (same platform) and some MS6 parts, he said overall its only been about $3000 for everything, pretty sweet.
              '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

$3000 for an AWD swap is actually pretty cheap all considering
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yeah exactly! It's a wicked setup I'll have to talk to him when it's finally done.
                  '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

UPDATE! The car is currently back at the body shop to have the problems addressed. Not my dealership's shop, after talking with my insurance co. and the dealership shop we decided it was best to take it back where it was originally. The owner said that the car would be done tomorrow because he was starting it ASAP, I won't hold my breath because they made me wait numerous times the first time around, but hopefully all the problems will be fixed correctly.
                    '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Originally posted by Mazdaspd2008 View Post
                      UPDATE! The car is currently back at the body shop to have the problems addressed. Not my dealership's shop, after talking with my insurance co. and the dealership shop we decided it was best to take it back where it was originally. The owner said that the car would be done tomorrow because he was starting it ASAP, I won't hold my breath because they made me wait numerous times the first time around, but hopefully all the problems will be fixed correctly.
                      Ugh, It better get done right this time because that was some slop work they did to your poor car

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                      HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                      Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Originally posted by jinx View Post
                        Ugh, It better get done right this time because that was some slop work they did to your poor car
                        That's what I was thinking. That's why I didn't want to bring it back there. Oi. Oh well, I'll see tomorrow, if it in fact is done tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed!

On another note, I've decided that when I get a turbo upgrade it'll probably be to the BNR Supercars stage 2 setup... it's a GT28 center housing machined to fit with the speed 3 ends. The stage 1 reuses the stock compressor housing but the stage 2 has an upgraded housing with an adjustable actuator and custom outlet to reach up to fit any intercooler using the stock outlet location.
                        '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Just got charged $185 to have my purge valve replaced -.- I hate dealerships. I'm gonna check my warranty info and see if I can't have it covered under warranty the car is less than 3 years old and the purge valve has nothing to do with any of the mods I've done so there's no reason it shouldn't be covered. We'll see.

Atleast my idle AFRs are now perfect (hovering around 14.69) and we'll see if my rough idle problem is gone next time I need fill the tank all the way from E.
                          '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

thats ****ty. Look at your warranty terms.
                            -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                            VF10 powered!
                            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Me and Mike spent the day giving it some under the hood attention and love I hope it's running a lot better now. The more I'm around it, the more I want one..

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                              HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                              Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Here are some shots of our day's work, about 1/3rd through the day I was completely forgetting about pictures so I'll get some shots of the finished work later on.

It's running a lot better, btw, except that part throttle BOV release problem.

Our target, the brake booster line. Our mission, install a vacuum block for extra vacuum ports. Who wants to volunteer to wire tuck this setup!? Anyone!? :D

Upon getting to the bracket we needed to remove to get the block installed with Jinx's custom bracket (thanks again) we found a hole in my boost controller hose. Here's everything we took out to get to and fix the problem.

Problem solved! New reinforced hoses and a lower out of the way mounting point.

We found this as well, big slice in my recirc tube, which was replaced with 5-ply silicone! That's definitely not breaking anytime soon!

Like I said, I forgot partly through the day to snap pictures... so I'll get the new recirc tube and the vacuum block installed soon and add them up here.
                                Last edited by Mazdaspd2008; 12-08-2010, 05:03 PM.
                                '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Working...
                                X