No announcement yet.

Mazdaspd2008's Mazdaspeed 3 worklog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both Dyer and Linus said the same to me. The noticeable imperfections in the paint are very easily removed and ordinarily a shop would remove them before releasing the car, because they stick out like a sore thumb, but as stated are very easily removable. The angle where the quarterpanel meets the bumper is wrong and should be addressed. I marked with painters tape each imperfection I noticed... and have two comparison shots of the meeting of the panel and bumper on both sides.

pics:

Drivers side (good side)

Passenger's side (idk why I got no flash here but it doesnt matter... just look at where the panels meet)

and the paint imperfection markings

'12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

must be nice to wear sandals....... and BTW- your car is still better looking then any of mine have been
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

well there's a degree to which i wouldn't mind the small things if they were actually good about communication or taking responsibility when they can't back their word to me. but when its a repeat offense that they disregard what they tell me and take much longer than they say they'll need, and the car still doesn't come out well, it's a little off putting.

not to mention the car being all of 3 years old makes a difference too. If I was rocking an older car, I wouldn't mind the dents and dings so much, but when it's a "professional" body shop releasing a car with several defects in their work, it's very aggravating.
        '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

wow this has comin along quite good since i last saw it

Comment

Haha, yeah man aside from the ****tarded body shop screw ups its coming along. I'm almost to my goal, have my new fuel pump just need to put it in, with the new pump in my car won't be leaning out throughout the powerband at WOT and will get plenty of fuel for the upped boost. I'm hoping having the new FP gets me into the 290-300whp range when I get my re-tune done. After my power goals are met it's time for some suspension to keep it on the road... going with springs and swaybars for now. I'll probably upgrade the struts once the stock ones are done.

Should all be within the summer I'm hoping... springs and swaybars will run me about $500ish and the only thing keeping me from the re-tune is the pump not being put in yet, but that'll be soon. Stay tuned.
            '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Update. Fuel pump has been in for a month now, no issues thus far. Just got a CNT Racing downpipe with hi-flow cat to replace my ATP full catless downpipe, should fit better, quiet the car down a tad, and hopefully stop me from blowing gas fumes in everyone's face when I drive. lol

compared to the ATP:

Compared to stock, LOL:
              '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

^ now thats a damn fancy piece of piping
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

That's getting installed today!
                  -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                  VF10 powered!
                  262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                  13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

sweet! get some sound clips!
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Which fuel pump did you install? Did you do the whole thing or just the internals? Is it quiet or does it chatter some?
                      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Of course the install of the DP took much longer than expected... however to answer deadly_sleeper's question... I haven't had any chatter, I went ahead and did the whole CP-e pump and had it installed professionally... wasn't skimping out on that part. I haven't noticed any sound difference, however I haven't gone WOT with it on, have a few small issues to work out and then time for a re-tune.

Installation pics and whatnot of the downpipe, sound clips will come later:

'12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

looks like good fit!
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

you wont notice the noise at wot from the fuel pump. Just when getting on the gas at light throttle. Mines been doing that for ... well a couple of years almost

Also its funny how you had the fuel pump installed professionally but the downpipe is a much bigger job

Planning on a going BT?

Comment

haha we've down the downpipe 2 times now. I'm pretty sure If I don't run into any issues I could have one done in ~2 hours or so if I were to do one tomorrow.
                              -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                              VF10 powered!
                              262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                              13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Well, the downpipe is a harder job, but the fuel pump is definitely a more important part, lol. I wasn't about to mess with something directly coupled to my camshaft, if I **** that up, I'm boned. Downpipe though, it's a PITA but I've got less chance of majorly ****ing up my car if I do it wrong, lol. And now that I think about it... idk if what I'm hearing is the FP or not but I do hear something when I get on the gas when cruising... have been trying to think of what it might be but since I haven't heard the chatter pointed out to me anywhere else idk what I'm listening for.

To me it almost sounds like a sound your computer makes, when it's loading from a usb drive or something... if that makes any sense

and no BT for me until this car is paid off and I have another DD
                                '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Working...
                                X