E-Brake light stays on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Brake light stays on.

ok guys he tittle says all. and yes my e-brake is down and light still stays on any ideas.

and one more problem how do you disconnect the sensor for the the seat belt? its always dinging at me when im fully buckled up

Ok, for both fixes you'll have to remove the rear center console. This can be done by removing the 2 screws where it meets the other section, and the 2 in the rear. Then unbuckle the seat belts and lift up on it and it should come right off.
    If you look where the E-brake it you'll see a little sensor, that gets depressed when the brake is applied. Is the switch stuck or siezed? try to move it up and down, if the light still stays on you'll need to try to ground that wire with a jumper to see if the switch is indeed your problem. If the light goes away when you ground it then the switch is defective.
    As for the seatbelts I just took the plug that plugs into the reels on the center console and jumped the wires.
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

check your brake fluid level.

Comment

alright thanks guys i will do this all tonight

Comment

^^+1 on brake fluid
          Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

you said in one of your other posts that your brake fluid was at the minimum level. that is the poin that it turns on your e brake light. fill it an itll go away.
            loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
            73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
            sigpic

Comment

seatbelt fix;

try this, I did, it works.
              94 pro base model, all synthetic fluids, s/r struts, front & rear ebay upper strut bars,front & rear tie bar, ZX2 1" front swaybar, EGT 21mm rear sway bar, custom delrin endlinks front & rear, custom delrin rear swaybar mount bushings, EBC front blanks & redstuff pads, CS ss brake lines & dot 4 fluid, big drum brakes in rear (from ZX2, free parts), 2.25 custom exaust w/magnaflo oval muffler, 4-wire o2 sensor, custom ram-air, 4-wire BP tb, MSD super conducter plug wires, MSD Blaster SS coil, NGK iridiums,OEM weighted shift knob, ebay short shifter, bronzoil bushings, CS ss clutch line, custom air splitter, mx-3 recaro drivers seat, EGT foglight switch, 35w 5000k hi/lo hid's

soon:
              lightened flywheel & clutch; in garage,
              Miata Daisy's; after new tires

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRauksauff View Post
                check your brake fluid level.
                was just about to say this. i was guilty of the same thing. lol

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Originally posted by 89BG 323 View Post
                  you said in one of your other posts that your brake fluid was at the minimum level. that is the poin that it turns on your e brake light. fill it an itll go away.
                  yea i feel like a dumb a** lol but i filled it up and today i will fix the seat belt.

thanks guys

Comment

sort of on topic my e brake light comes on under boost in first and second any ideas?

Comment

Low fluid again probably.

Inertia makes all the fluid run to the back of the reservoir while you're on it so it falls below the min. line. Take your foot off the gas and the fluid falls level again.
                      1990 Protege 4WD
                      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                      ├┼┤
                      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Originally posted by me109 View Post
                        Low fluid again probably.

Inertia makes all the fluid run to the back of the reservoir while you're on it so it falls below the min. line. Take your foot off the gas and the fluid falls level again.
                        ^This^

I had the same problem when I stomped on the loud pedal. Adding brake fluid made it go away.
                        Tyler has spoken

Comment

Working...
                        X